• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LETS DANCE!!

If anyone wins that $1B, it will be a miracle, because they are no guaranteed teams this year, the field seems more open than ever. How does FLA get the #1 overall seed but end up with the Jayhawks and 'Cuse in their bracket as the 2/3? Any one of those teams could come out of there. To me, VA got the easiest draw with Nova and IA State as their 2/3. Wichita State could be going home in the 2nd round vs Kentucky - I really like Louisville as the 4 seed in Midwest.

The Cuse is a paper tiger. They can't score enough to get far enough to even play Florida IMO...much less beat them. And KU without Embiid might not make it that far...and if he's not playing when they play (not likely to play last I heard) then I wouldn't give KU a big chance.

The Cuse is a paper tiger. They can't score enough to get far enough to even play Florida IMO...much less beat them. And KU without Embiid might not make it that far...and if he's not playing when they play (not likely to play last I heard) then I wouldn't give KU a big chance.

I don't know about that. Ennis and Fair are both pretty good players, JB is an elite coach, and you just never know how teams are going to react to that 2-3. Not saying the Orange will make it all the way, but I don't think calling them a paper tiger is giving them enough credit.

And I agree that KU w/out Embiid is obviously not near the same team (before he got hurt, he had jumped Wiggins in Ford's #1 draft pick) but who knows when and if he'll play. Are all coaches known to keep things hush hush? Would I be surprised if he played over this weekend? No, I wouldn't. Also Wiggins has the talent to absolutely carry a team - if he shows up, plus Ellis, Tharpe and Selden put together good games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get past Florida. Florida is the top seed, yes, but by no means are heads and shoulders above everyone else. Nobody is going to confuse SEC basketball with SEC football.

I don't know about that. Ennis and Fair are both pretty good players, JB is an elite coach, and you just never know how teams are going to react to that 2-3. Not saying the Orange will make it all the way, but I don't think calling them a paper tiger is giving them enough credit.

And I agree that KU w/out Embiid is obviously not near the same team (before he got hurt, he had jumped Wiggins in Ford's #1 draft pick) but who knows when and if he'll play. Are all coaches known to keep things hush hush? Would I be surprised if he played over this weekend? No, I wouldn't. Also Wiggins has the talent to absolutely carry a team - if he shows up, plus Ellis, Tharpe and Selden put together good games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get past Florida. Florida is the top seed, yes, but by no means are heads and shoulders above everyone else. Nobody is going to confuse SEC basketball with SEC football.

Those who do confuse SEC basketball with SEC football ... just remind them Wisconsin beat Florida in hoops this season.

Syracuse has good players. Yes. But they have cracked the 60 point barrier only 4 times in the last 11 games...61, 60, 62 and 63. Bad offensive teams score 60 points by accident. When you score that few points you keep the other team in the game. They've lose 5 of those 11 games (5 of the last 7 actually) and 3 wins in the last 11 games of 1 or 2 points. That's dangerous...and not a recipe for NCAA success. Yes, they play good defense. But eventually someone is going to score 65 on them. They COULD go on a deep run. I would put my money against it though.

As for KU and Embiid. He has a stress fracture in his back. I'd bet there's no way he plays this weekend. As for keeping the his status hush hush...the motivation to keep quiet is very likely that if they told the NCAA he was done for the year (the NCAA committee was asking) it might have hurt their seed.

Certainly a fair point about the SEC not being very good.

Last edited:
I keep seeing a lot of media hype for this Baylor team. Lots of talent, etc. If they were the elite team some of these websites are touting, they would have a pretty easy road having a mid-major as a 3 seed and opening with us, BUT I keep telling myself that we can win this game.

I've seen Baylor two times this year. Once was the Big 12 championship where they lost to ISU and another earlier in the year. They do have good players, but it seems like they have the Nebraska problem of "putting it all together". I keep saying that we can really beat anybody. We beat the team that every media expert is picking to win it all in Michigan St. We beat the #2 seed in Wisconsin just a few days ago. We have a lot of talent and I think we have a LOT to play for.

On that note I am hoping Baylor comes out flat. Just as an example I'll use the Kansas vs W Virginia game a couple weeks ago. Kansas was #8 in the polls and came into WVU and was down by like 26 at half or something. They came in with that "this is going to be easy" mentality. They pulled back late but still lost by double digits to a big underdog. I think all this hype for Baylor could put them in this role.

Obviously it's fun to speculate, just wanted to add to the discussion.

I also wanted to note. With this Baylor zone defense, Gallegos and Pettaway and Pitchford will have to be hot from long range. We need to hit 35% from 3's and I'd be happy with that. We don't really have a good 4/5 combo to match theirs so we have to play small and shoot jumpers. I could see Rivers putting together another 10 point game like he did vs OSU. That kid has a weird shot but I dont think he ever misses from 15ft or so.

I'm going to be out of town on Fri. I want to tape the game but can't find the network. Will someone please help me out?

I'm going to be out of town on Fri. I want to tape the game but can't find the network. Will someone please help me out?

Times Eastern:

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 21
12:15, CBS, Raleigh: (3) Duke vs. (14) Mercer (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller/Rachel Nichols)
12:40, truTV, San Antonio: (6) Baylor vs. (11) Nebraska (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)
1:40, TBS, St. Louis: (7) New Mexico vs. (10) Stanford (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)
2:10, TNT, San Diego: (1) Arizona vs. (16) Weber State (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back