• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Graduate Transfer OL Brandon Kennedy

017 (Sophomore)
The Crimson Tide’s backup center ... saw action in three games off the bench against Fresno State, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss ... suffered a season-ending foot injury early in the year that limited his playing time.

2016 (Redshirt Freshman)
A reserve option for the Crimson Tide on the offensive line at guard ... played in seven games in 2016 ... saw his first career action for the Crimson Tide in the 2016 season opener against USC, playing six snaps off the bench in the fourth quarter.

https://rolltide.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3920

Kennedy_Brandon.JPG

56BRANDONKENNEDY
  • POSITION OL
  • HEIGHT 6-3
  • WEIGHT 305
  • CLASS Redshirt Sophomore

Heard on radio Saturday. Understand his top choices were Auburn and Tennessee. Saban is blocking transfer to another SEC school.

Tennessee Coach Jeremy Pruitt had some comments on transfer rules that put him at odds with his former boss. Pruitt played two years for Boots Donnelly's MTSU Blue Raiders before transferring to Alabama. I do agree with his perspective - coaches should not have that much say-so particularly on a kid that has completed his under grad studies.

That said, if Austin & HCSF want him then I hope they can pull him N.

Career backup at 'Bama would put him at,what, as our number one or number two lineman at DONU? :(

Can’t remember the name, but I think we had a 2nd string lineman from those 70s championship teams that had a really nice NFL career. Just saying ...

Tennessee also has Oline issues too and needing help. Got to believe Pruitt probably thinks he could help his team w/ some firsthand insight over last couple years as an Alabama assistant.

It sounds like Kennedy played Center last year. We just had a Center leave the team. He is blocked from transferring within the SEC.

On the surface, it would make a lot of sense for Kennedy to take a hard look at NU for his next academic and athletic destination.

Last edited:

Anyone who can graduate in three years while participating in a varsity sport is an intelligent, disciplined young man.
He's all set for a Big10 Transfer because 3yrs of Big10 academia = 4 yrs of SEC academia. Things happen slower in the South.
Since he finished school at a Big10 pace then he will fit right in.

What's degree did he graduate with at Alabama?
Can DONU take that degree to the next (graduate) level and make him shine?

Any O-Line help from any seasoned O-Line guys would be awesome.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back