• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CREIGHTON THREAD 2018-2019

If I know anything about @bilsker, is that he is most definitely an Appletini kind of guy.
tenor.gif

If I know anything about @bilsker, is that he is most definitely an Appletini kind of guy.
Early game Saturday. After I pick up my sweater vest at the dry cleaners Saturday a.m. i was planning on meeting some chaps for mimosas and brunch before loading up the Tahoe and heading to the game. As I try to refrain from martinis before 5 pm I'll probably indulge in a chardonnay or two while catching the game on the monitors from the Lexus club in the arena. Should be a hoot.

Last edited:
Bilsker, you need to be out in the appletini and wine hangouts filing people into their seats and telling them to root for the white and blue team. The Century Link Center needs to be rocking. Or CHI Center rather. Not only would it be a big win for Creighton, it would be a huge boost to Nebraska’s RPI and schedule strength.
The Chi will be rocking Saturday...at least for a while.

Last edited:

:Lol:

Early game Saturday. After I pick up my sweater vest at the dry cleaners Saturday a.m. i was planning on meeting some chaps for mimosas and brunch before loading up the Tahoe and heading to the game. As I try to refrain from martinis before 5 pm I'll probably indulge in a chardonnay or two while catching the game on the monitors from the Lexus club in the arena. Should be a hoot.

You don't have 'Scotch-Gard?' :eek:

Jay's lost by 11. Hung tough for 30 min but Gonzaga is #1 for a reason. Just too much to handle. Shots wouldn't fall in the second and it seemed like an unreasonable number of Zag shots resulted in long offensive rebounds inthe 2nd half. Everything needed to go right and it didn't for long enough.

It looked like an NBA game in terms of scoring & no defense on both sides.
It would be interesting to "analytic" it down to points per possession, etc. High scores dont necessarily mean bad defense.

That said there were a couple guys (#21 in particular) that cu simply couldn't handle.

It would be interesting to "analytic" it down to points per possession, etc. High scores dont necessarily mean bad defense.

That said there were a couple guys (#21 in particular) that cu simply couldn't handle.

I’d have to agree with you that high scores don’t necessarily mean bad defense. Allowing 103 points at home though? There’s no way that couldn’t be poor defense. Also, below average defense is a hallmark of McDermott so I kind of put 2 and 2 together. I didn’t watch the game though, I went to see The Grinch with the family. I checked the scores a few times though and seen they were up at half. They are #1 and Creighton played with them for quite a while, that’s not bad at all.

I’d have to agree with you that high scores don’t necessarily mean bad defense. Allowing 103 points at home though? There’s no way that couldn’t be poor defense. Also, below average defense is a hallmark of McDermott so I kind of put 2 and 2 together. I didn’t watch the game though, I went to see The Grinch with the family. I checked the scores a few times though and seen they were up at half. They are #1 and Creighton played with them for quite a while, that’s not bad at all.
Two things you can count on with Mac...sub par defense and subpar rebounding.

Two things you can count on with Mac...sub par defense and subpar rebounding.

True. It’s fascinating how different systems give you certain advantages and disadvantages. Creighton has a high-powered offense though. Find an identity and be the best at it. One of the things that bothers me about Miles, we don’t seem to have an identity. Sometimes we play good defense, sometimes we are good at the dribble-drive, etc. nothing to really hang a hat on and recruit to.

True. It’s fascinating how different systems give you certain advantages and disadvantages. Creighton has a high-powered offense though. Find an identity and be the best at it. One of the things that bothers me about Miles, we don’t seem to have an identity. Sometimes we play good defense, sometimes we are good at the dribble-drive, etc. nothing to really hang a hat on and recruit to.
Doesn't seem like bad rebounding should be a result of cu's identity. I suppose that the physical make up is an issue but damn... it's frustrating to watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back