• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CREIGHTON THREAD 2018-2019

From the Jay's perspective...

I was happy to only be down 13 at half. Jay's showed some resiliance there. And then early in the second they had opportunities to get it under 9 or 10 and simply couldn't break through that threshold. 2nd chance points were big. Cu had some turnovers after getting stops that led to points (that was the kind of immature stuff I was worried about first time on the road).

Actually shot the ball ok until firing up a bunch of garbage late. Ballock single handedly kept cu in the game. He needed a partner in crime but Alexander wasnt up to the task today.

Just too many little things...hustle, silly turnovers at the wrong time. That said I'm ot really discouraged. They walked into a pretty difficult situation today. PBA was rocking, huskers wanted it BAD...more than cu. And then if a guy like palmer hits 7 of 8 3s and Watson is draining fall away 3s...what are ya gonna do? NU played well as opposed to cu playing poorly. I can live with that.

Last edited:

And that was what really took place. NU played well tonight. Creighton is well coached and has talent, we outdid them on both fronts tonight.
Well...let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tim miles couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But he's got a fairly loaded, experienced squad that is going to win a lot of games despite him. ;)

Well...let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tim miles couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But he's got a fairly loaded, experienced squad that is going to win a lot of games despite him. ;)
I wanna argue with you on that, but alas, I really can't. He even said in the post game interview, that he sorta just stayed out of their way. I could only imagine the Huskers team with McDermott coaching.... But alas, Tim didn't get in his own way tonight, he even called a couple of well timed time outs unlike in the Minny game. Like I stated a couple of times, the Blue Jays are going to be good in a year or two, I mean real good.

I wanna argue with you on that, but alas, I really can't. He even said in the post game interview, that he sorta just stayed out of their way. I could only imagine the Huskers team with McDermott coaching.... But alas, Tim didn't get in his own way tonight, he even called a couple of well timed time outs unlike in the Minny game. Like I stated a couple of times, the Blue Jays are going to be good in a year or two, I mean real good.
The pieces are there to be super salty the next 2 years.

How many step-back threes were there? We had a ton of good looks.
I agree. Im kidding. Its an analogy for how things start to go when nu isnt hitting. They played well last night. When the good shots fall like they did last night nu is pretty good. When the good looks dont fall and guys start reverting to anything goes, thats when things fall apart.

that was a great win for the huskers. made creighton try to play catch up most of the game. made 3 more 3's. 5 more assists, 2 more steals, 4 more rebounds, 4 more blocks. 80% freethrows for huskers to 57% for creighton. pretty much beat them in every phase of the game. I'm having a riot just typing this post. team and coaches deserve this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back