• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Carousel Gary Anderson out at Oregon State.

There's a difference between saying he was going to deliver and being optimistic that he would. Most were optimistic and provided reasons. The man took a perennial loser and made them respectable before the bottom fell out on him. Maybe he can't relate to players as well or maybe he lost his edge. Who knows. Would he have been a fit at NU 10 years ago? I don't know. It might be that his scheme was better suited for the Pac 12 all along.

You caught hell because you were persistently negative. It gets old. It turned out that you were right about Riley. Congrats on that I guess. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be thumping my chest about it, but I guess I get wanting to emotionally react to the season and everyone who challenged you on your steadfast beliefs.
Dude, there were no reasons. None. Not one. It was set up to fail from day one.

AS more coaching vacancies start to come open (see Butch Jones Tennessee), it makes it more imperative that we get out there and present our case as the place for a good coach to go before these other schools do.

I say we should let Coach Riley go Sunday morning after the likely OSU embarrassing loss. With the off week coming up it gives the team the best chance to handle the move and do something with the rest of the season.

Like even use Patrick O'Brien, Im tired of seeing Frank Patrick out there playing again as the ghost from the 1960's.

AS more coaching vacancies start to come open (see Butch Jones Tennessee), it makes it more imperative that we get out there and present our case as the place for a good coach to go before these other schools do.

I say we should let Coach Riley go Sunday morning after the likely OSU embarrassing loss. With the off week coming up it gives the team the best chance to handle the move and do something with the rest of the season.

Like even use Patrick O'Brien, Im tired of seeing Frank Patrick out there playing again as the ghost from the 1960's.

I’d be pretty shocked if Chip Kelly isn’t Tennessee’s first choice. And Frost isn’t going to OSU. What other prime jobs open up in your opinion? I’d doubt LSU would cut bait this quickly. Every other job that may come open I think we stack up nicely to unless FSU were to for some reason move on from Jimbo.

Last edited:
It isn't any particular jobs but that there going to be P5 jobs coming online to be filled and I would like us to be ready to do so, not wait until end of November to make a decision when others will be jumping ahead of us to select coaches.

The Dec 20th recruit signing deadline also looms if the new coach is to have a chance to salvage a class in the transition year.

Ideal: Administration fires Riley early so new AD doesn't have to do firing and AD can participate in coaching search which rapidly leads to new coach before Dec 15th. (end of season but before bowls).

My Ideal AD: DR (praying he changes his mind)

My Ideal Coach: Frost or Coach from Navy (too hard to spell name :))

Last edited by a moderator:
The early signing date really changes the thought process for the timing of firing and hiring coaches. What a year for it to kick in!

Going back to earlier posts in this thread... Any chance Riley would pull an Anderson move by acknowledging the mess we are in and resigning on his own? Or at least agree to a reasonable settlement vs taking all of the $12 million or so that NU would owe him?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back