• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Brenda Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right its not remotely similar as Zack Smith wasn't arrested even though the police investigated it 9 times. UM did fire him after breaking a trespassing violation against her. Prior to that he had no evidence to fire him. Only unfounded accusations. He did report those accusations to his boss though. And yet UM is getting blamed for what ZS is accused of and TO wasn't blamed for what LP did.
Why such a big Urban fan?

I'm not an Urban fan. I'm just not letting hate drive the reality of the situation. If its so easy to let the social media drive out someone like Urban Meyer for something he wasn't involved in who is next? Scott Frost? And when I say involved in I'm saying the abuse.

Last edited:
Well then, you're just plain wrong. TO wasn't a mind reader, nor was he required to be one.
Didn't say he was nor should be be. BUt may he he was close...he knew he needed to keep him away from her...and that their relationship was growing violent. These days that plus the subsequent beating ends careers.

Last edited:

tumblr_n43rayWzTt1s2wio8o1_500.gif

What do you think would happen today if a coach knew his player was violent, told him to stay away from a girl and the player subsequently broke into her apartment and dragged her down the stairs. Answer honestly, if you can, what YOU would say if that happened at....say...USC.
Never would have happened if she did not steal his 'Stang while was he was away and refused to give it back... She was trying to coax him over so he could see that she had Frosty up there... It was all in her plan and LP took the bait. Crappy situation all the way around... a powder keg that everyone saw but nobody really did enough to defuse.

Last edited:
Never would have happened if she did not steal his 'Stang while was he was away and refused to give it back... She was trying to coax him over so he could see that she had Frosty up there... It was all in her plan and LP took the bait. Crappy situation all the way around... a powder keg that everyone saw but nobody really did enough to defuse.
The bold is why I am saying TODAY tom doesnt survive. If she was a raging you-know-what that doesn't matter in it's in the "optics" game...victim blaming and all.

If you have a guy around that is as likely to whoop a woman's azz as LP was...today you cut bait.

He still chose to lay hands on her.

He still chose to lay hands on her.
absolutely... and Bilsker is also 100% correct about the optics...

I am just refusing to classify KM fully as a victim... everyone knew her intentions and she knew the person she was dealing with. Toms decision is still viewed through todays optics whenever anyone decides to write another article about it... I assume the LA times will throw an other one up soon. Tom tried to do the right thing for LP... we really did not need him to win a natty...

Last edited:

So this thread is back to UM, ZS, and OSU again. I think there are multiple threads already about that topic already.

C

absolutely... and Bilsker is also 100% correct about the optics...

I am just refusing to classify KM fully as a victim... everyone knew her intentions and she knew the person she was dealing with. Toms decision is still viewed through todays optics whenever anyone decides to write another article about it... I assume the LA times will throw an other one up soon. Tom tried to do the right thing for LP... we really did not need him to win a natty...

Yeah, she deserved to be physically abused and drug down stairs by her hair. :Facepalm:

C

Yeah, she deserved to be physically abused and drug down stairs by her hair. :Facepalm:

C
Please don't put words in my mouth... that is not what I said at all. She 100% instigated it was all that I was saying. I knew that family growing up.. I knew what kind of a person she was and I can have my opinion about the situation.

Last edited:
Wow, had never heard that portion of the story. Again, tragic all around.

The difference between TO and UM, of course, is that TO was always - sincerely - looking out for what was best for the player long term. Urb is only concerned about adding to his own legacy.

Please don't put words in my mouth... that is not what I said at all. She 100% instigated it was all that I was saying. I knew that family growing up.. I knew what kind of a person she was and I can have my opinion about the situation.

So what if she instigated it. My god.

C

So what if she instigated it. My god.

C
its not a so what...everyone's actions in relationships need to be accounted for... Women can be abusive too. Kate was not some tiny little innocent gal who was being battered constantly by LP... she was manipulative, verbally abusive and was trying to get an altercation started...not with herself but between LP and SF.

LP never should have gone over there... he should have called the police and he absolutely never should have laid a hand on her. Happy now?

Wow, had never heard that portion of the story. Again, tragic all around.

The difference between TO and UM, of course, is that TO was always - sincerely - looking out for what was best for the player long term. Urb is only concerned about adding to his own legacy.

Not sure I agree with that when the name Christian Peter is brought up. TO, should IMO, face as much if not more criticism for those incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back