• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4 Star QB Tyler Shough UOV to Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got a ratings boost from 247. Was a three-star but now has a rating of 91 and ranked #205 overall.

"Tyler Shough out of Chandler (Ariz.) Hamilton is now a member of the Top247. The 6-foot-4.5 talent only has offers from Ivy League schools along with Western Kentucky, Hawaii and San Jose State but we really believe he has one of the best quarterback skillsets in this class so we've ranked him that way."

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Artic...ning-Los-Angeles-and-Las-Vegas-7on7s-51827753

Just got a ratings boost from 247. Was a three-star but now has a rating of 91 and ranked #205 overall.

"Tyler Shough out of Chandler (Ariz.) Hamilton is now a member of the Top247. The 6-foot-4.5 talent only has offers from Ivy League schools along with Western Kentucky, Hawaii and San Jose State but we really believe he has one of the best quarterback skillsets in this class so we've ranked him that way."

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Artic...ning-Los-Angeles-and-Las-Vegas-7on7s-51827753
Very Interesting...Must have pretty good academics to get the Ivy League offers. I wonder if we have room for 2 qb's...

This is a very intriguing prospect. Kid has a cannon. Tight, compact, baseball type throwing motion. With his height, you really don't have to mess with his motion too much. Thankfully, we are to the point where freshman don't need to walk in and start at quarterback. Get him in the program, coach him up, and by the time he's a Junior, he should be able to win games for you.

Unless you are just an athletic freak like Vince Young, quarterbacking at the collegiate and NFL level is mostly cerebral. I've seen incredible high school highlight tapes over the years, rarely do they show how well a recruit reads a defense. This is the one area I am 100% confident in the Mike Riley coaching staff, the quarterbacks they recruit will either have that tangible naturally or it will be developed.

You have said that Yankoff would be your choice over McKee. Where does Enough for into this picture?

You have said that Yankoff would be your choice over McKee. Where does Enough for into this picture?

I would take Tyler Shough over Tanner McKee. I am not a big fan of taking kids who will take 2-year missions. At least with McKee, hypothetically, you have a couple younger guys in the system already who could bridge the gap while McKee was away. But by the time he was ready to join the program, you're still going to recruit the position and you'll have guys just as talented coming out of HS - except they will have had a year or more on McKee in terms of learning the offense and getting tutored by Langsdorf...but it's just a personal preference. I want a QB (preferably one who can also enroll early) who I can bring in, redshirt, and start his development right away.

All things being equal, and IMPO Shough is very close to McKee in arm talent, I take Shough no question. If McKee didn't take a mission, I like him better as a prospect. But it's close enough where I take Shough in this situation. Neither touches Colson for me though.

I would take Tyler Shough over Tanner McKee. I am not a big fan of taking kids who will take 2-year missions. At least with McKee, hypothetically, you have a couple younger guys in the system already who could bridge the gap while McKee was away. But by the time he was ready to join the program, you're still going to recruit the position and you'll have guys just as talented coming out of HS - except they will have had a year or more on McKee in terms of learning the offense and getting tutored by Langsdorf...but it's just a personal preference. I want a QB (preferably one who can also enroll early) who I can bring in, redshirt, and start his development right away.

All things being equal, and IMPO Shough is very close to McKee in arm talent, I take Shough no question. If McKee didn't take a mission, I like him better as a prospect. But it's close enough where I take Shough in this situation. Neither touches Colson for me though.
I get the point about the two year mission, and thought you'd have Colson in front of them as he is a talented QB.

With that said, Langsdorf once again is showing he has an eye for talent despite the number of stars a QB starts with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back