• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Line has potential for rapid impovement

I was just playing. Absolutely nothing wrong with being a wait and see realist. However, when reality makes its appearance, I think you will be pleased.

Many claim that the optimist has the best psychological health...the folks who look for the Kool-Aid in every situation. However, some claim that the realist is even better off than the optimist. So its one of those your OK, I'm OK, type deals.

I wanted to be an optimist during the last regime, but I could not do it. I looked for the Kool-aid, but it was too hard for me to find. I was forced to be a realist. Now I am able to be an optimist and I am enjoying it a lot.

RB Coach Ryan Held just said that Adrian Martinez is the best QB in the nation for SF's offense, and SF's offense led the nation in scoring last season. Coach Verduzco said that Martinez has a great personality, is fun to be around, and is smart as a whip. We are seeing great coaching leadership and I am confident that great player leadership is not far behind.

:Koolaid2:

GBR!

"Frosty, Shmosty...I'm not buying it just yet. I'm gonna wait and see."

tenor.gif
It still comes down to the O-line. Hope springs eternal. I am just not jumping too far.

There were 2 times when UCF security accused me of trying to sneak out with a football under my shirt. But that's just pure muscle.

As a member of the team, I told Coach Frost that I wanted to go out for QB. I was as big as McKenzie Milton and I could throw side arm just like he could. But each time I reported to where Coach Verduzco told me to be, nobody was there.

Stan%2BLaurel%2Bin%2BCounty%2BHospital%2B(1932).jpg
Yeah, Mario is kind of like that:Biggrin:

It still comes down to the O-line. Hope springs eternal. I am just not jumping too far.

NU had one of the youngest teams in the country last season. Our O-line is still young but Greg Austin talked with Adam Carriker about how he sees the O-line situation. There might be enough there to get you to take a sip of Kool-Aid.

1. Austin admitted he viewed some film. He's excited about the abilities of the O-linemen. He thinks they have lots of talent and lots of mobility.
2. He is most excited about the amount of genuine leadership.
--- They are attacking the weight room and holding each other accountable.
--- They are attacking their homework on the offensive schemes. Austin said they have already learned what normally takes 2 years to learn.
--- Due to the strong leadership, Austin thinks the O-line can/will take ownership of the offense.
3. Austin has faith that Duval can accomplish the necessary body renovations...reduced body fat and more lean muscle mass. Austin is already seeing bodies changing.

To be accomplished, but being attended to:

1. Austin wants to reestablish the Nebraska O-line mindset that seems to have disappeared - he wants to develop guys who are relentless, tough, and willing to bite your face off.
2. He needs O-linemen who can think fast, communicate fast, and make quick adjustments just before a play starts.
3. He needs to develop more than 5 guys who can take productive reps in a game.

Squirt-Gun-Tie-Dye-Fun-Drink-Kool-Aid.jpg

Last edited:
NU had one of the youngest teams in the country last season. Our O-line is still young but Greg Austin talked with Adam Carriker about how he sees the O-line situation. There might be enough there to get you to take a sip of Kool-Aid.

1. Austin admitted he viewed some film. He's excited about the abilities of the O-linemen. He thinks they have lots of talent and lots of mobility.
2. He is most excited about the amount of genuine leadership.
--- They are attacking the weight room and holding each other accountable.
--- They are attacking their homework on the offensive schemes. Austin said they have already learned what normally takes 2 years to learn.
--- Due to the strong leadership, Austin thinks the O-line can/will take ownership of the offense.
3. Austin has faith that Duval can accomplish the necessary body renovations...reduced body fat and more lean muscle mass. Austin is already seeing bodies changing.

To be accomplished, but being attended to:

1. Austin wants to reestablish the Nebraska O-line mindset that seems to have disappeared - he wants to develop guys who are relentless, tough, and willing to bite your face off.
2. He needs O-linemen who can think fast, communicate fast, and make quick adjustments just before a play starts.
3. He needs to develop more than 5 guys who can take productive reps in a game.

Squirt-Gun-Tie-Dye-Fun-Drink-Kool-Aid.jpg
As I have said many times, “The proof is in the pudding.” The O-line IS responsible for the success of the offense. Austin has a big job ahead of him, the biggest task of any position group. Not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see it happen consistently on Saturday. I wish him all the success in the world. I hope he succeeds.

Last edited:

Just the change in Offensive scheme will make a big difference in OL play. What they will need to do in Frost’s O should be better just by having a more unpredictable and diverse offense in which plays aren’t telegraphed and there is actually some innovative play calls. We should see some more effective OL blocking in this scheme.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back