• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Penn State WILL REMOVE The JoePa Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see a President of a university not making the right decision in a case like this. To not take it down is to stick a thumb in the eye of the entire country outside of State College. It would be career suicide to leave it up now that the decision lies in the lap of the President of the university. If it gets ugly the authorities can handle it and by a few days calm will prevail.

Last edited:

MyBraska

Yeah...This one!

The man is a true legend, but JoPa and Tom were almost identical in the public's perception not too long ago. Do-righters that had their priorities straight. Very few people really know the behind the scene actions that go on.

Returning LP right before the bowl game isn't a great example, and we probably didn't even need him in that national title game, but Tom has made some decisions that were a little misguided in my opinion. Maybe some of the older posters on this board can think of other instances earlier in TO's career that more accurately shows what I'm trying to say. And my point is that it's really hard to make the correct decision 100% of the time when it would be so easy to just make the other decision.

Last edited:
Guess what Jerry just did with this finger?!

We should have a caption contest.

600.jpg
[/IMG]

Guess what Jerry just did with this finger?!

Nice we can make fun of the abused now. I find zero, none notta, zip humor in what happens when children are abused.

Oh did you hear the one when the mother and father raped their 12 year old little girl and kept he locked up in a dog cage...thats a knee slapper

MyBraska

Yeah...This one!

The man is a true legend, but JoPa and Tom were almost identical in the public's perception not too long ago. Do-righters that had their priorities straight. Very few people really know the behind the scene actions that go on.

Returning LP right before the bowl game isn't a great example, and we probably didn't even need him in that national title game, but Tom has made some decisions that were a little misguided in my opinion. Maybe some of the older posters on this board can think of other instances earlier in TO's career that more accurately shows what I'm trying to say. And my point is that it's really hard to make the correct decision 100% of the time when it would be so easy to just make the other decision.

I'm obviously a homer but the difference, in my opinion, is that TO's decisions were based on positive intentions. I believe he was truly trying to help people throughout his career. Whatever led to JoePa deciding to coverup Sandusky's acts had to have been based on self preservation and not the intention to help another human being. Unless he was so deluded and misguided that he thought letting Sandusky off the hook was helping somebody but I doubt it.

So it all boils down to intention.

The thing that pisses me off about them potentially taking the statue down, is WHY they'd do it. There's been comments from trustees saying that would like to take it down to try and get leniency from the NCAA. Really? Doing this just to win brownie points with the NCAA so they don't bring the hammer down on them dilutes the meaning of removing the statue.

The more this goes on, the more I want to see them burn.

The longer this goes the worse it gets. There are reports that kids are keeping watch over this statue. Why does the leadership( ?) at Penn State continue to make poor decisions?

Why did the Board of Trustees punt this on the President? For formality's sake? I doubt it. They already stepped into this directly when they, IIRC, rightly fired Paterno. If they were good leaders they would go ahead and make the decision and allow their employee, the President, not to become evil in the eyes of some, so he remains viable as a leader.

What a bunch of wankers.

Last edited:

The longer this goes the worse it gets. There are reports that kids are keeping watch over this statue. Why does the leadership( ?) at Penn State continue to make poor decisions?

Because they are delusional and in complete denial. This is what happens when coaches, etc. are elevated to God status. Just saw on ESPN that the debate now is what to do with the statue. Really? You melt the piece of crap down, that's what you do with it. Instead they are debating whether it should go in front of the library in his name or in the Penn State sports museum or whatever the hell the other option was.

Seriously? They think the offensive part of the statue is that it's in front of the football stadium? No, you idiots...the offensive thing is that any mention of the pedophile enabler exists at all on campus. He's was a criminal and a scumbag of the highest order. He put a child rapist and his prescious football program ahead of kids that were or would be abused. He's only fractionally better than Sandusky himself. These people think it will go away if they put it in front of the LIBRARY!? Yet MORE evidence that the football program should get the death penalty...they seriously need a crow bar to the head or they will never get it.

The thing that pisses me off about them potentially taking the statue down, is WHY they'd do it. There's been comments from trustees saying that would like to take it down to try and get leniency from the NCAA. Really? Doing this just to win brownie points with the NCAA so they don't bring the hammer down on them dilutes the meaning of removing the statue.

The more this goes on, the more I want to see them burn.

Exactly what I thought from what I read! They are worried more about what will look good to the NCAA as an effort, and also not to tick off donors, instead of just doing what should be the obvious "humane" decision in their hearts and minds and take the sucker down. They seem to want to bury their heads in the sand & hope it all blows over.
I'd be ok with them putting it at Joe's grave-site, but probably no other place.

I say give all the victims a blowtorch and let them have a cathartic experience with the statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back