• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Penn State WILL REMOVE The JoePa Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this is true, I don't think it's a wise idea to announce it beforehand.

That was my thought exactly. Chances are, this is just another rumor - but who knows. There are already students standing vigil at the statue, trying to keep it there. I don't see this ending well.

That was my thought exactly. Chances are, this is just another rumor - but who knows. There are already students standing vigil at the statue, trying to keep it there. I don't see this ending well.

good grief....someone needs to go all slappy on these people

Well it looks like the BoT has finally taken decisive action to remedy the problems.....the NCAA can move along and go back to enforcing rules against providing text books and other similar extra benefit rules that they are experts in. ;)

I recall hearing Bobby Bowden speaking on this earlier this week and agreeing the statue should come down/be moved and that it was the wishes if the family as well, tho he did say if it was not, then he would defer to the family's wish. If it does come down, Joe Jr should be there to speak to the crowd or the family release a statement giving the go-ahead.

If it does come down, Joe Jr should be there to speak to the crowd or the family release a statement giving the go-ahead.

Yep...if this was a perfect world. On the other hand, I'm surprised that the damn thing hasn't already been "donated" to the local metal recycler.

I thought there were a few rednecks left in PA and someone would have gone to the statue with their 4x4 (with the lift kit), hooked a chain up to it, drug it down the street to Jo Pa's State College abode. Once they got it there, they could throw a rope over a tree limb in Joe's front yard and promptly string the statute up there.

We should have a caption contest.

600.jpg
[/IMG]

Can you imagine ANY scenario play out in Lincoln that would lead to the removal of the TO-Brook statue??? Never in a million years (but they probably thought that in State College a few years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back