• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Silent commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey could have verbally committed to Illinois, but "Silently" committed to NU. Please discuss this VERY plausible theory...:)

It was Bailey. And then he changed his mind. Word is he is afraid to compete against Armstrong.

I keep wondering why Bo felt the need to publicly air knowledge of the silent commits when he did. Was he just giddy about them? Responding to some of the unnecessary criticism about the comparatively slow start of this class? The only value in his comments seems to be the excitement it stirred in fans. He didn't name names, but now I wonder if Bailey's announcement is in some way a response to any speculative pressure Bo's comments might have created around him. Bailey's loss is a bummer but it is early and no need to lose sleep over it. But the silent commit stuff is a confounding facet of the whole recruiting process, I think.

It was Bailey. And then he changed his mind. Word is he is afraid to compete against Armstrong.

Where do things like this "word" come from? It's pure speculation because I highly doubt those words came out of any kid's mouth.

This is a HS athlete who chose to stay close to home (and attend school with a buddy). Happens all the time.

I keep wondering why Bo felt the need to publicly air knowledge of the silent commits when he did. Was he just giddy about them? Responding to some of the unnecessary criticism about the comparatively slow start of this class? The only value in his comments seems to be the excitement it stirred in fans. He didn't name names, but now I wonder if Bailey's announcement is in some way a response to any speculative pressure Bo's comments might have created around him. Bailey's loss is a bummer but it is early and no need to lose sleep over it. But the silent commit stuff is a confounding facet of the whole recruiting process, I think.

Well, Bo gets a lot of flack for keeping things under wraps, not being nice to the media, etc.. Maybe he was just trying to appease for a change? And maybe since it semi-backfired it reconfirmed to him that he should keep these things under wraps.

As the smoke clears...appears there is another silent commit.....won't announce anytime soon....that is all I can tell you at this point...:)

Fans complain when Bo doesn't "let them in" on what's happening behind closed doors. He does this to protect his players/staff/program. He does this especially because he wants thing set in stone before they are confirmed by his quotes. (the reason why new recruits don't do interviews until they have played a game). Then when Bo breaks his own rule and what he has said to be a "possiblity" in the works doesn't pan out, now fans want to criticize him for boosting the hype just to be let down...... Maybe fans should back up and take a chill pill, we are talking about football with 17-22 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back