• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What"s the minimum number of victories expected for 2012?

What"s the minimum number of victories expected for 2012?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
Date Opponent Site

09/01 Southern Miss Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
80%
09/08 UCLA Pasadena<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<80%<WIN

09/15 Arkansas State Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<100%<WIN

09/22 TBD?????Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<<<100%
09/29 #Wisconsin Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<70%
10/06 #Ohio State Columbus<<<<<<<<<<WIN (20%)
<40%
10/13
10/20 #Northwestern Evanston<<<<<<<<<WIN
70%
10/27 #Michigan Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<<70%
11/03 #Michigan St. E. Lansing<<<<<<<<<WIN
<70%
11/10 #Penn State Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<70%
11/17 #Minnesota Lincoln <<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<90%
11/23 #Iowa Iowa City<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<<<70%
B12 CCG TBD?????<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN (40%)
40%
Bowl Game TBD?????<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN (60%)
60%

Minimum Expectation = 10.1 Victories

Looks very favorable to do much better than 10 wins given the number of returning start4ers and a very favorable schedule. I've been very conservative with the win percentages here. No reason not to sweep all games in Lincoln--that would give us a likely 11 wins.

Last edited:

I think we have the potential to have a very good offense next year but the defense has a TON of question marks. Essentially on defense we need Cam and Stein to step up an become game changers, we need Compton to master the defense and be able to get everyone in the right spot in his sleep, we need for Stafford to improve in coverage and continue to be a run stopper, and we need our very young cornerbacks to step up BIG time. Bo will have his work cut out for him this offseason, hopefully the vacancies will help foster heightened competition and improvement from our young guys.

well, since the question is about the minimum wins that we expect, I'll go low and exceed expectations! :Biggrin::cool:

Date Opponent Site

09/01 Southern Miss Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
80%
09/08 UCLA Pasadena<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<80%<WIN

09/15 Arkansas State Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<100%<WIN

09/22 TBD?????Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<<<100%
09/29 #Wisconsin Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<70%
10/06 #Ohio State Columbus<<<<<<<<<<WIN (20%)
<40%
10/13
10/20 #Northwestern Evanston<<<<<<<<<WIN
70%
10/27 #Michigan Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<<70%
11/03 #Michigan St. E. Lansing<<<<<<<<<WIN
<70%
11/10 #Penn State Lincoln<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<70%
11/17 #Minnesota Lincoln <<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<90%
11/23 #Iowa Iowa City<<<<<<<<<<<WIN
<<<<70%
B12 CCG TBD?????<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN (40%)
40%
Bowl Game TBD?????<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WIN (60%)
60%

FWIW - Did you mean B12 or did you mean B10 or B1G CCG?

Which games do you see as losses, and why?

09/01 Southern Miss --- Toss up
09/08 UCLA --- Toss up
09/15 Arkansas State --- Toss up
09/22 --- Win
09/29 #Wisconsin --- Loss
10/06 #Ohio State --- Loss
10/20 #Northwestern --- Win
10/27 #Michigan --- Loss
11/03 #Michigan St. --- Loss
11/10 #Penn State --- Win
11/17 #Minnesota --- Win
11/23 #Iowa --- Toss up

Non-Conference - 2-2 or 3-1
Miss St came off a great season, but will have a new coach. Could go either way.
UCLA has loads of talent, the game is at their place - if the new staff is good, I could see us getting thumped.
I could see Ark St winning, they are an improved team and their new head coach adds another dimension.
Other - We'll add a team we will certainly beat.

Conference - 4-4 or 3-5
Wisc, OSU. Mi and Mi St have better players and will all be better teams than NU. Wisc needs to find a qb but will be as good or better through the rest of the team. OSU has much better athletes than NU and Urban can coach. Michigan (a team we should have beat this year) will be better yet in year two of Brady Hoke and Dennard will be working on his Heisman. This might be Mi States best team yet, ferocious defense but needs a QB. We don't really do upsets anymore, so I don't see us winning any of these 4. We should win the other 4, but the Iowa game is at their house, so I think that evens it up (although I think we should win.)

Judging by our opponants, we should win all but Michigan and maybe Ohio State (depending on how their team shapes up). The Big Ten CG will not be Ohio State due to the ban, so if we make it there I'd say a win is likely. The bowl depends on opponant.

Now, we should have won all our games this year except Wisconsin. So, I have to factor in the self-implosion factor. Assuming Bo recognizes this problem and gets it corrected, I'd add one loss. If he doesn't, I'd say it will add three losses.

So, we have the talent and schemes to get to the bowl game undefeated, from there it's a toss up. 13-1 or 14-0. :wave:

Worst case, no corrections are made to the team's mental state and we see the expected losses plus three more: 8-5. :cry:

What I expect: 11-3 Rose bowl team losing to USC. :huskerflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back