• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 9-4, 10-4, 10-4, 10-4......pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but you chose your cut off points (# of games) to maximize the amount of losses over the # of games. Those particular cut off points were selectively chosen, and thus selective facts.

The last two seasons are recent I believe. Maybe not to you, but you at least think part of last season is recent, just not all of it I guess without explanation.

Did Bo win in the beginning of 2010 with BC's players but then switched to his own?

Please provide something more than your selective, arbitrarily crafted facts.

It seems that our best players that contributed to us being competitive with top notch competition were Callahan guys and has we have progressed in years the more his players have filled up the program have not cut it against the big boys...again I dont want him fired, but anyone who is critical on this board is labeled as a bad fan and it is tiresome to have to defend oneself for thinking independently and not with the herd

Need to look at the more recent results...they are more indicative of where the program is at...his early success was with Callahans players his recnt "success" was with his players

The more recent results are the same as the previous. According to those numbers, we have lost 4 games per season over 4 seasons.

I would agree with you, if you are suggesting that the losses appear to be by greater numbers, suggesting that we are not competing as well against the competition that we do lose to.

But I'm withholding judgment on that. But what I am suggesting is that we already fired a coach with a 9 win season. It did nothing for the program but send it into a tailspin.

I'm not happy with losing 4 games per season. However, I'm also not in favor of rolling the dice by suggesting that such a record reflects a need to make major changes to staff.

We knew Bo had no head coach experience when we hired him. We have to give him the opportunity to learn and grow as a head coach.

The more recent results are the same as the previous. According to those numbers, we have lost 4 games per season over 4 seasons.

I would agree with you, if you are suggesting that the losses appear to be by greater numbers, suggesting that we are not competing as well against the competition that we do lose to.

But I'm withholding judgment on that. But what I am suggesting is that we already fired a coach with a 9 win season. It did nothing for the program but send it into a tailspin.

I'm not happy with losing 4 games per season. However, I'm also not in favor of rolling the dice by suggesting that such a record reflects a need to make major changes to staff.

We knew Bo had no head coach experience when we hired him. We have to give him the opportunity to learn and grow as a head coach.

I agree, I dont want Bo to go anywhere, they were just numbers posted thats all everyone else put their own spin on what they wanted them to mean...people need to be able to have a discussion here not a shouting match about who is right or wrong, because in reality no one here is right or wrong its just all opinions

agree 10000% by the way

It seems that our best players that contributed to us being competitive with top notch competition were Callahan guys and has we have progressed in years the more his players have filled up the program have not cut it against the big boys...again I dont want him fired, but anyone who is critical on this board is labeled as a bad fan and it is tiresome to have to defend oneself for thinking independently and not with the herd

Really? David, Burkhead, Bell, Abdullah, Stafford... Oh, and don't forget that Callahan left the cupboard bare on the O-Line.

I don't think it makes you a bad fan to think what you do, just one that's wrong.

you are kidding right...if our own coach doesnt think 9 wins isnt good enough, why should I...support your coach

I"m not kidding at all. It's a flawed logic applied by lots of folks.

The coaches and team will always strive for perfection... they won't think anything less than undefeated is good enough. Their attitude, reflected in their effort, has a lot to do with how close they will come to that goal.

As fans, we have nothing to do with winning or losing. We are spectators. If anything, I think our expectations should more closely mirror the AD's, and I doubt many reasonable AD's are looking for more than what Bo has produced so far. We, as fans, should be quite satisfied with what we've seen so far, but we can certainly hope that the players and coaches reach their goals.

Really? David, Burkhead, Bell, Abdullah, Stafford... Oh, and don't forget that Callahan left the cupboard bare on the O-Line.

I don't think it makes you a bad fan to think what you do, just one that's wrong.

all swell players but what have we won with them? I just want us to be competitive in big games and we are not

Your name doesn't fit your post.:confused:

All fans need not share the exact same opinion...though many on this board wish it were so (they've wished ill will and death on those with a different opinion). I've just completed 50 years of supporting this team...but I now think the current coach is incapable of bringing the program to the level that I believe it should be at. If you are satisfied with 4 loss seasons...fine, just don't expect me to agree with you.

It seems that our best players that contributed to us being competitive with top notch competition were Callahan guys and has we have progressed in years the more his players have filled up the program have not cut it against the big boys.

calllahan's best QB recruits were a guy who was an afterthought in 2004, and a JUCO last minute pickup....and one would have never started for him had his hand not been forced by an injury. I think you give him far too much credit.

Last edited:

Only the losses in big games count...?

How about Washington, Michigan State, Missouri last year, etc.?

Losses wouldnt bother me as much if we were competitive but lately when matched up we have not got the job done...thats all I want. I dont expect us to to win them all, but the embarrassing losses are unacceptable...i said in the game thread that the Solich/Callahan regime has left me numb to losses and that really sucks...

Wow...few statements could be further from the truth:

2008 OL players on roster (Bo's first year):

Mike Huff
Andy Christensen
Mike Smith
Barret Cruz
Jacob Hickman
Keith Williams
Matt Slauson
Javario Burkes
DJ Jones
Ricky Henry
Lydon Murtha
Marcel Jones
Mike Caputo

Where are Bo's recruits? Walk on's?

Last edited:

Losses wouldnt bother me as much if we were competitive but lately when matched up we have not got the job done...thats all I want. I dont expect us to to win them all, but the embarrassing losses are unacceptable...i said in the game thread that the Solich/Callahan regime has left me numb to losses and that really sucks...

Today's loss bothered me a lot more than Wisconsin or Michigan... I've said it before, sometimes on the road, trying to get back into the game can actually get the momentum heading the other direction pretty quickly, that's what happened there.

Today, on the other hand, was surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back