• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Caputo plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It sometimes makes me wonder how a 22-year old having some beer has evolved into a hanging offense? A .799 and it is nothing. Society has taken this number and made it smaller and smaller and
I think the agenda target is .000
you can thank MADD for this. one shot of nyquil for a cold, you're busted.

It sometimes makes me wonder how a 22-year old having some beer has evolved into a hanging offense? A .799 and it is nothing. Society has taken this number and made it smaller and smaller and

Then it would be like marijuana.

\It's just an estimation...but it'd take a man of Caputo's size 8 beers in one hour to reach the level he was initially tested at.
If and ONLY IF that was an accurate measurement. If you have read any of the other threads on this topic then you already know that the field test is not acceptable in a court of law. I guess it is okay to blast the guy if you have no idea what his BAC actually was. If it tested out at or over .08 then I agree that he should have been charged with DUI and he should not be allowed to play. If it was something less then a lesser charge is in order.

I cannot understand what all the bitching is about without any of us knowing what the actual facts are. I am willing to accept the fact that Bo does have all the facts and he made the decision based on those data. All this speculation is simply stupid.

This is the scenario as I understand it. Caputo drives to the bar, has a good time & gets drunk. It's time to go home. He gets in his vehicle and decides to sleep it off. Kinda cold out, so he runs the engine to keep warm.
Technically, this is DUI.
Reasonable folks saw the situation for what it was, and were thankful Caputo was smart enough NOT to drive in that condition.

Ya'll want to go on a witch hunt over something as pedestrian as that got too much time on your hands. Join a quilting club.
L
ooks to me like a just decision was made.

This is the scenario as I understand it. Caputo drives to the bar, has a good time & gets drunk. It's time to go home. He gets in his vehicle and decides to sleep it off. Kinda cold out, so he runs the engine to keep warm.
Technically, this is DUI.
Reasonable folks saw the situation for what it was, and were thankful Caputo was smart enough NOT to drive in that condition.

Ya'll want to go on a witch hunt over something as pedestrian as that got too much time on your hands. Join a quilting club.
L
ooks to me like a just decision was made.

BINGO

This is only right if every single person that gets a DUI while not actually driving is given the option of the same way out. Until then it is just flat out BS.

What's the complaint? It's not like the law's being enforced nor the punishment more than an inconvenience...I say let boys be boys....they're supposed to be out getting drunk.....the odds are pretty good that it won't be my kid that gets killed by someone who's BAC was .0799999999999999 when he finally blew at the station.

Who's more irresponsible....those that are doing it or those that are condoning it?

Can anyone tell me exactly how many times people who are familiar with these situations have to say the punishment in this situation is not uncommon before all this horseradish about a sweetheart deal ends? At some point people need to figure out that pointing fingers and making wild accusations and proclamations about a situation without knowing what has actually happened is a bad idea.

Can anyone tell me exactly how many times people who are familiar with these situations have to say the punishment in this situation is not uncommon before all this horseradish about a sweetheart deal ends? At some point people need to figure out that pointing fingers and making wild accusations and proclamations about a situation without knowing what has actually happened is a bad idea.

Just because it's the common punishment (I had to laugh while typing that word), doesn't mean that it's not a sweetheart deal....maybe it means too many folks are getting sweetheart deals

I'm betting that pre-filing negotiations resulted in his attorney saying that if charged as DUI, this ends up with a trial...no deal, no matter what.

We don't know what his chemical test was. Instead of wasting prosecutor resources on a trial, they may have charged it as reckless with agreement to plea. They are guaranteed a conviction that way.

Not unusual.

Lincoln Public Safety Director, Tom Casady, spoke about this issue on Jack and John in the morning on 1400 am. He has seen numerous cases similiar to Caputo's over the course of his 30 plus years in law enforcement. It is not uncommon for there to be reduced charges under these circumstances. Caputo didn't received any deal on any kind, sweetheart or not. He received the same punishment that others got under these similiar conditions. Nothing more, nothing less. Sits well with me.

Heard the same interview this morning. He said it was a very common deal. And he talked at length about how tough Lincoln is on DUIs. Ideally, they catch someone actually driving who tests over the limit (and no one gets hurt). Slam dunk DUI. But cases where the car isn't moving and is parked on private property are much tougher to get a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back