• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Struggling Capital One Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
now imagine this was a first round playoff game...im sure the tickets would be gone and people would already be in line for round 2 tickets:)

willing to bet the game would be sold out...plus ticket allotment for visitiors would probably be smaller at some other schools home site than they are for bowl game, Huskers have a regional prescense pretty much anywhere so no matter where we would travel for a playoff road game we would more than likely have a very nice representation (no different than anyother regular season road game...from what I remember we had great representation at UW, USC, Wake Forrest, etc etc)...either way, game would be sold out and television ratings would be through the roof...just sooo many more positives with a playoff system:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Cost wasn't a factor for me, because I rarely go anywhere and squirrel away the cash. I just had no desire to go east. I much preferred Arizona to Florida.

Last edited:
I'm driving down there with 3 friends. 24 hour drive from Omaha, true. But even if you fly you have to get to the airport early, flight, connecting flight and layover times plus renting and returning a rental car is 8-12 hours, I'd imagine. I drive a SUV/Truck and I'll get about 22-ish MPG on the highway, but the total cost of gas is still less than one person's plane ticket and then you split that 4 ways... Driving is an option for people to consider.

Amen. Driving's a great way to go. Long hauls are a lot of fun, IMO. You're in complete control, can stop whenever and wherever you want. Yeah, it takes longer, but unless you get a direct flight you're futzing around in airports, stand about a 50% chance of missing connections, and just generally stressed by the whole experience.

willing to bet the game would be sold out...plus ticket allotment for visitiors would probably be smaller at some other schools home site than they are for bowl game, Huskers have a regional prescense pretty much anywhere so no matter where we would travel for a playoff road game we would more than likely have a very nice representation (no different than anyother regular season road game...from what I remember we had great representation at UW, USC, Wake Forrest, etc etc)...either way, game would be sold out and television ratings would be through the roof...just sooo many more positives with a playoff system:thumbsup:

So the reason you're not going to our bowl game is because it's not a playoff game?

don't fly into Orlando...fly into other surrounding airports and rent a car/drive. It's cheaper and the drive ain't bad at all!

Sanford is under an hour away the Citrus Bowl
Jacksonville is under 3 hours away
Tampa is under 3 hours away
Palm Beach is 3+ hours away
Fort Lauderdale is 3+ hours away
Miami is 4+ hours away
Fort Myers is 4 hours away

No matter where you fly into you will need to rent a car. When you rent your car ask if you can get rent a SunPass as there are a lot of toll roads around the Citrus Bowl. Gas currently in Central Florida is around $3.25.

If you rent a car from OIA (Orlando International Airport) be aware that there are a number of gas stations around the north entrance that don't post their prices because they gauge rental car drivers (sometime 2+ dollars over going price). If you need to fuel your car head north on Semoran (436) about a mile or so.

Christmas thru the 2nd of January is pretty heavy season for Orlando (parks are packed) but the after the New Years the parks starts to clear out. If you are planing on an extended stay in Orlando I would suggest doing it after the game as the crowds will be clearing out starting the 2nd.

The Cotton Bowl is sold out. The Alamo Bowl is almost sold out.

Out of curiosity, anyone know how many Husker fans showed up at the Gator Bowl a few years back?

Bowl games are not as interesting to people as they used to be. Growing up, Bowl games were a huge thing to everyone, but not so much anymore. People these days are money savy, and have finally realized these bowl game are a money pit...nothing more.

Wouldn't surprise me if alot of our fans bought directly from the bowl through Ticketmaster, or on the secondary market. We thought about going before the bowl was announced and right after, so I watched the ticket prices and availability. Some of us just assume the school's tickets will be snapped up immediately so don't even bother going that route. The amount of red in the stadium may surprise you.

Wouldn't surprise me if alot of our fans bought directly from the bowl through Ticketmaster, or on the secondary market. We thought about going before the bowl was announced and right after, so I watched the ticket prices and availability. Some of us just assume the school's tickets will be snapped up immediately so don't even bother going that route. The amount of red in the stadium may surprise you.

I'm going solely because I have two good friends in the area. If this was the almamo or Holiday bowl I wouldn't be going. Probably lining up the flight today. Won't be buying game tickets until day of. One of the friends attends a couple bowl games a year down there and said that since this isn't a big game there will be tickets galore available around the stadium the day of the game.

May fly into somewhere other than orlando in an effort to save a few bucks...we shall see.

Depending on where you are coming from you might be able to fly into Sanford International (Orlando's other airport). Flights in and out of their can be a lot cheaper than OIA.

Allegiant Airlines nonstop from Des Moines and Cedar Rapids to Orlando/Sanford Airport - much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back