• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Struggling Capital One Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many other airports to fly in to and then drive a short way. You are paying the bowl-Disney premium for Orlando. All that aside, this economy has a lot of folks sucking for air. Hard to drop $3-$4k or whatever just for a football game -- unless you slap it on a credit card, which is part of what started this economic mess. Uhhh .... go big red.

Last edited:
That's because the planes are smaller and fewer. Now, you end up on a puddle jumper to fly all the way to the East Coast. Plus, no meals or silverware. The world's going to hell in a basket.

I HATE it when you get silverware on a flight, but no meal. It's like they're rubbing it in, or something....

Here's another thought....

I believe there's a strong likelihood that more Husker fans traveled to conference games (and Wyoming) than in many years -- possibly ever. The excitement of a new conference, new opponents, new road venues... I wouldn't doubt many more than the typical number of Nebraska fans already has spent a fair amount of cash traveling to see the Huskers this season (and probably several that required more air travel than the past).

Last edited:

Here's another thought....

I believe there's a strong likelihood that more Husker fans traveled to conference games (and Wyoming) than in many years -- possibly ever. The excitement of a new conference, new opponents, new road venues... I wouldn't doubt many more than the typical number of Nebraska fans already has spent a fair amount of cash traveling to see the Huskers this season.

we definitely did our share to boost the economy this season.

$700 is a ridiculous price to pay for a round trip to Orlando and back !!!

Thats not an unusual price during peak times to Orlando, with less than a months notice.

Note that most of the airline seats were sold months ago, for normal vacationing during the holiday. Prices are currently $500-600 ( will go to $ 700-800 by Feb) on the weekends for the 2 Spring Break weekends in March.

Its probably to worst location to fly to during the holidays.

Many other airports to fly in to and then drive a short way. You are paying the bowl-Disney premium for Orlando. All that aside, this economy has a lot of folks sucking for air. Hard to drop $3-$4k or whatever just for a football game -- unless you slap it on a credit card, which is part of what started this economic mess. Uhhh .... go big red.

Not really. Tampa (2 airports) is the only one that has reasonable connections and would be considered "close". Jacksonville and Daytona are both expensive with poor connections from the Midwest. Southern airports are at least 3-4 hours away.

It does say something about whether or not the Florida Husker crowd can draw as well as the Arizona crowd. Right now it looks like Arizona bowls are more attractive in regard to ticket sales. If we don't sell out that will affect future bowl selections. It would suck to get aced out by Kansas State based on past performance of bowl ticket sales in the next bowl game.

As several have posted, the ease/cost of flights to Arizona may be the deciding factor here.

From Omaha and KC, several direct flights a day on 3 different carriers, and one of the cheapest places to fly from Omaha.

I'm driving down there with 3 friends. 24 hour drive from Omaha, true. But even if you fly you have to get to the airport early, flight, connecting flight and layover times plus renting and returning a rental car is 8-12 hours, I'd imagine. I drive a SUV/Truck and I'll get about 22-ish MPG on the highway, but the total cost of gas is still less than one person's plane ticket and then you split that 4 ways... Driving is an option for people to consider.

Absolutely agree. Personally have made this trip 3 times during Spring Break with wife and 3 kids. Being in March weather is much less of a concern however.

Its a great trip (minus I-70 from KC to St.Louis) (and that stupid one lane exit in KC from I-435 to I-70 east) .

24 hours including stops, we leave at noon, and get there the next evening around ten. Stopping overnight in KY. 4 adults probably could make better time.

Atlanta traffic can be an issue, so we try to time it to miss their rush hour. Haven't had any problems going through the other cities.

Amen. Driving's a great way to go. Long hauls are a lot of fun, IMO. You're in complete control, can stop whenever and wherever you want. Yeah, it takes longer, but unless you get a direct flight you're futzing around in airports, stand about a 50% chance of missing connections, and just generally stressed by the whole experience.

Oh yeah, for sure! I LOVE a good road trip. Especially with good friends or family. The trip itself is the best part. The game is like a nice bonus!

Absolutely agree. Personally have made this trip 3 times during Spring Break with wife and 3 kids. Being in March weather is much less of a concern however.

Its a great trip (minus I-70 from KC to St.Louis) (and that stupid one lane exit in KC from I-435 to I-70 east) .

24 hours including stops, we leave at noon, and get there the next evening around ten. Stopping overnight in KY. 4 adults probably could make better time.

Atlanta traffic can be an issue, so we try to time it to miss their rush hour. Haven't had any problems going through the other cities.

Yeah, I really prefer to drive everywhere I go. It's nice to be in complete control of where I end up and when I get there. lol

I drove down to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl a few years back and that was 22 hours...2 of which was driving from one side of Atlanta to the other... So, I estimated this trip at roughly 24 hours if we go straight through. I just need to remember to plan our departure time so that we don't end up in Atlanta during rush hour again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back