• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Struggling Capital One Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedIggy

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
Found these tweets from Sean Callahan a little interesting, if not a little concerning...

Sean_Callahan: According to @RandyYorkNSider, Nebraska has sold just 8,500 seats in their allotment, meaning there's a lot of work to do to get to 12,500.

Sean_Callahan: My take on the struggling Capital One ticket sales for NU is cost. Average airline ticket from Omaha to Orlando is $700 to $800 right now.

Sean_Callahan: @pmiller1320 I can tell you this is by far the most we've spent to travel as a company to a bowl game. Airfare and car not cheap for 8 days.

Sean_Callahan: @DerekJohnson05 Can't say I disagree. This first year struggle to sell to Orlando could make them a Insight fixture in future years.

Well I can tell you one thing, plane tickets will most likely never go down. This may be trouble for many teams and could end up forcing bowls to take in teams' proximity more than they already do. Still, how long have we known about our bowl? Mmmmaybe a week now; to this I say chill out man....and tell Sean to lay off the Lobster dinners, really...you HAVE to drive a Mercedes or you just can't overcome that writers cramp???

I think this is the norm around the country......I think Va Tech has only something like 9,300 of their alloted 17,500.

Friends of mine are flying out of Kansas City. My plane tickets from California were "only" $500 each. I think the trick is to build up the frequent flyer miles and cash them in as soon as the bowl game is announced.

It does say something about whether or not the Florida Husker crowd can draw as well as the Arizona crowd. Right now it looks like Arizona bowls are more attractive in regard to ticket sales. If we don't sell out that will affect future bowl selections. It would suck to get aced out by Kansas State based on past performance of bowl ticket sales in the next bowl game.

Found these tweets from Sean Callahan a little interesting, if not a little concerning...

Sean_Callahan: According to @RandyYorkNSider, Nebraska has sold just 8,500 seats in their allotment, meaning there's a lot of work to do to get to 12,500.

Sean_Callahan: My take on the struggling Capital One ticket sales for NU is cost. Average airline ticket from Omaha to Orlando is $700 to $800 right now.

Sean_Callahan: @pmiller1320 I can tell you this is by far the most we've spent to travel as a company to a bowl game. Airfare and car not cheap for 8 days.

Sean_Callahan: @DerekJohnson05 Can't say I disagree. This first year struggle to sell to Orlando could make them a Insight fixture in future years.

$700 is a ridiculous price to pay for a round trip to Orlando and back !!!

Bet there aren't many empty seats on those planes.

That's because the planes are smaller and fewer. Now, you end up on a puddle jumper to fly all the way to the East Coast. Plus, no meals or silverware. The world's going to hell in a basket.

If I am paying 700-800 bucks for a flight I am going to europe...not an exhibition game

I know people were really excited about NU's ability to take part in the Big 10 schedule of Florida bowls, but I really wondered why truthfully. Much cheaper to come out west than east. Can't say for sure, but I would say that having lived in California (Northern and Southern) and Arizona, there are far more NU fans in state here than anywhere in Florida or its surrounding states. It really helps to have the in-staters or nearbys to help fill up those stadiums. Just seems like NU's sphere of influence is a little more westward focused. Suppose it may be good for recruiting, I guess, to be in Orlando though. Good luck if you are going.

Save a ton of $$$ and only about a 2.5 hour drive to fly out of KC.

Just out of curiosity I ran a query on one of the travel websites for a trip from KC to Orlando for Thu Dec 29, 2011 - Wed Jan 4, 2012 and came up with a fare of $364 ($406 after fees).

now imagine this was a first round playoff game...im sure the tickets would be gone and people would already be in line for round 2 tickets:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back