• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

I thought the young guys were poised. If you are gonna get reps and compete at QB, you have to be ready to be in front of the mic.

I am impressed by how Rhule and staff have designed a 3 team competition to get reps. We are certainly a young team and players need reps. 3 simultaneous competitions has to be a lot to keep track of while still being intentional with learning.

I am more and more impressed with how intentional Rhule is and how each minute piece builds to something bigger.

In the end I just hope all of this translates to Ws and we stay healthy.

I thought the young guys were poised. If you are gonna get reps and compete at QB, you have to be ready to be in front of the mic.

I am impressed by how Rhule and staff have designed a 3 team competition to get reps. We are certainly a young team and players need reps. 3 simultaneous competitions has to be a lot to keep track of while still being intentional with learning.

I am more and more impressed with how intentional Rhule is and how each minute piece builds to something bigger.

In the end I just hope all of this translates to Ws and we stay healthy.

Side note... IIRC a certain GOAT Coach of ours wouldn't permit players to speak to the press if they had not played in a game.

The fact that Rhule put both freshmen QBs in front of the press before they've ever played a down of college football, demonstrates the compressive nature of HCMR's commitment to being a developmental program.

Last edited:
This QB situation sounds like it's going as well as you could hope so far. Lot of character on their part and leadership from the coaches going into that, I'm sure.

I hope I'm in the stadium when each of those 3 first comes into a game because I will be on my feet.

Last edited:

OK kind of a weird question. Since these kids are from SLC and they are by appearances PI. You can assume that most of them are in the LDS church. (LDS has made a concerted effort to send missionaries to the south pacific. Which is why so many PI players go to BYU) Does not matter to me that they are. I am just curious if there is a big LDS community in and around the Lincoln/Omaha area? That could be key to recruiting kids out of that area.
Main attraction in Lincoln is Coach Raiola.

The major takeaway I have is that our QB room is occupied by really young players. It will be interesting talking to them at the end of the season, whenever that is.

Daniel Telley's disgusting avatar gives Nebraska Fans for Matt Rhule a bad look...not sure why such hateful bigotry has to show up in football discussions at all?
download.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back