• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers will make it to Sweet 16 this year

If we stay healthy, the Huskers will be playing in March Madness. Very impressed in all facets of the game today. They will make it tough on the Big 10 teams this year.

Well done Coach Hoiberg!
I think Sweet 16 should always be the goal. Winning one game in the tourney would be nice (to end that streak) but beyond that, it isn't really that significant. Winning two games and getting to the Sweet 16 puts your season on a completely different pedestal.

If we stay healthy, the Huskers will be playing in March Madness. Very impressed in all facets of the game today. They will make it tough on the Big 10 teams this year.

Well done Coach Hoiberg!

I was not at all impressed with the Rider game, which was the first game I saw, but the OSU game was pretty darn good.. Sweet 16? lol, good to dream, but we are a long ways from that. We could easily make the dance, if the team continues to grow from the OSU game, no doubt. This could be the year to get that first win.

Last edited:

The Sweet Sixteen in the NIT? Husker fans and the administration would be ecstatic because there isn’t a Power 5 basketball program with lower expectations than DONU.

I was not at all impressed with the Rider game, which was the first game I saw, but the OSU game was pretty darn good.. Sweet 16? lol, good to dream, but we are a long ways from that. We could easily make the dance, if the team continues to grow from the OSU game, no doubt. This could be the year to get that first win.
Well there are like 40 games in a season and every team has off nights. We had an off nigh at Rider and still one by 15. You cant evaluate a team on one or 2 nights

I've watched every game and can say this is the best team we've had in decades. Sweet 16? Thats a real stretch but its definately a team that has a good chance of getting into the tounry and maybe a top 25 team at its peak. IMO

Last edited:
Well there are like 40 games in a season and every team has off nights. We had an off nigh at Rider and still one by 15. You cant evaluate a team on one or 2 nights

I've watched every game and can say this is the best team we've had in decades. Sweet 16? Thats a real stretch but its definately a team that has a good chance of getting into the tounry and maybe a top 25 team at its peak. IMO

I wasn't "evaluating the team" by one night. Some of you are pretty hilarious. I said I wasn't impressed, that isn't really evaluating the team, in the sense you are thinking.. it is evaluating the play in that game.

hmm, you tell me I can't evaluate the team based on 1 game, but you are calling this team the best in decades, and after only 5 games? Not only are they the best but you have evaluated them after 5 games with 30+ to go to be sweet 16 team...lol, you can't make this up.

Last edited:
I wasn't "evaluating the team" by one night. Some of you are pretty hilarious. I said I wasn't impressed, that isn't really evaluating the team, in the sense you are thinking.. it is evaluating the play in that game.

hmm, you tell me I can't evaluate the team based on 1 game, but you are calling this team the best in decades, and after only 5 games? Not only are they the best but you have evaluated them after 5 games with 30+ to go to be sweet 16 team...lol, you can't make this up.
Easy dude, wasnt attacking you lol
Its ok

Well done Coach Hoiberg!
I hope so. The B1G may be down this year, maybe, but it would be a surprise for us to make the tourney. That said, it seems like we have athletes and energy to defend in certain combinations. I could see the team competing and being in position to talk March Madness in February. Should be fun.

The Sweet Sixteen in the NIT? Husker fans and the administration would be ecstatic because there isn’t a Power 5 basketball program with lower expectations than DONU.
Nonsense. You can say worst history but not lowest expectations from the players or fans. Maybe you mean from the media? Not sure what expectations have to do with it anyway. You play the games even if you don’t have the history.

Honestly, you saying Power 5 basketball indicates you might not follow basketball very closely, that is a football term. Which of the football Power 5 do you not consider a basketball power conference? Certainly the Big East would make your top 5.

Best team in decades is a premature statement. Best team of the Fred era by far.

I still feel it is exceeding expectations to get a bid to the NCAA tournament.

5-0 is a great start and also is exceeding expectations. Need to see the competition level increase before getting too wound up.

Nonsense. You can say worst history but not lowest expectations from the players or fans. Maybe you mean from the media? Not sure what expectations have to do with it anyway. You play the games even if you don’t have the history.

Honestly, you saying Power 5 basketball indicates you might not follow basketball very closely, that is a football term. Which of the football Power 5 do you not consider a basketball power conference? Certainly the Big East would make your top 5.
Expectations have been rock bottom for years with the likes of Barry Collier, Doc Sadler, Tim Miles and now Fred Hoiberg. Nebraska has one NCAA tournament appearance in the last 25 years and the last four coaches. At what major college program would that be acceptable, and at a university with Nebraska’s resources? Fred Hoiberg wouldn’t have a job at most schools after four non-winning seasons, an average of 10 wins and 21 losses during those seasons, no higher than 11th place in the Big Ten and four straight losses against dregs on the first day of the Big 10 tournament.

If there’s a poorer performing basketball program in a major conference, I’m not aware. Of course, some mid major programs are bad but they don’t have our resources. Making the NIT once in a while is all that’s expected of this program despite never winning an NCAA tournament game.

Easy dude, wasnt attacking you lol
Its ok

You were the one jumping on my post telling me I can't do this or I can't do that, yet you did the very thing you said I can't do. Don't try to turn this back onto me with the "easy dude" stuff.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back