• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers @Indiana - 9 30 23 - 6 pm ctrl

Nope, back in the gym today working on serves and hitting. 36 points given away again last night (16 service errors and 20 hitting errors). Against wisky or anyone else in the tourney with a night like that and they'll be toast.
And 36 total errors against Purdue. Harper had 22 points and gave back 13 on Friday, then she had 17 Saturday and gave 10 back to Indiana. I don't think she's wild but she needs some work on those high hands shots. Perhaps Larsen can help her.

Last edited:

Fishing for walleye in WY all day Saturday so I had to watch my recording of the match. I never did hear about Allick's condition. Injury, sickness, etc ?
I can't find anything on Bekka

If she was hurt, I heard nothing on the post game show with Lauren and John

And 36 total errors against Purdue. Harper had 22 points and gave back 13 on Friday, then 13 to Indiana. I don't think she's wild but she needs some work on those high hands shots. Perhaps Larsen can help her.
There was a lot of overhitting for sure; there were too many long shots. Both teams seemed to have too many service errors, also.

And 36 total errors against Purdue. Harper had 22 points and gave back 13 on Friday, then she had 17 Saturday and gave 10 back to Indiana. I don't think she's wild but she needs some work on those high hands shots. Perhaps Larsen can help her.
There couldn't be a better teacher that's for sure.

I can't find anything on Bekka

If she was hurt, I heard nothing on the post game show with Lauren and John
It's here: https://huskersillustrated.com/husk...rom-indiana-challenged-calls-go-in-nus-favor/

Cook told them to swing away during the time out at 15-19. She tipped and he pulled her.

"The Huskers also rotated middle blockers. Cook pulled Bekka Allick in the first set after he told the team to swing away during a timeout, and Allick tipped during the next rally. Maggie Mendelson finished with four kills, while freshman Andi Jackson added eight kills."

Last edited:
Getting out of the state of Indiana with 2 victories given how high-error we were in both matches is remarkable and lucky. I can live with 16 serving errors if we get 7 or 8 aces as well, but that wasn't the case last night. Given the number of calls that required Cook to challenge and win (9 or 10 in total over both matches) does not leave the officials in the Hoosier state in a good light. And as mentioned already, they got TWO calls wrong on the same point. I'll bet Cook has or will mention this to the conference.

Proud of the girls gutting out 2 wins when they were obviously struggling. The moxie they displayed should bode well for them down the road, but yeah, we cough up that many points again and we are playin' with fire and will get burned.

Last edited:
Cook said in the postgame that Jalen Reyes always picks up whether a call should be challenged because he's played men's VB at a high level. The game "slows down" for him because he's used to seeing the ball hit so fast.

It's a very competitive landscape in volleyball. NC State notches its first ever win versus a top 5 team in beating The 'Ville in 4 today.

And Northwestern gets its first conference win today at Purdue...go figure...

Last edited:
Indiana reported a sell-out for the match, 2,632 fans. But there were a number of empty seats so the sell-out didn't mean the arena was full.

There are some 'things' that girls have from time to time that guys don't have. Maybe last night was one of those 'things' for BA.
Uh, tmi! :Eek: :rolleyes:
By the way, she played, so what's this all about? She seemed very cheerful.

Last edited:
It's here: https://huskersillustrated.com/husk...rom-indiana-challenged-calls-go-in-nus-favor/

Cook told them to swing away during the time out at 15-19. She and he pulled her.

"The Huskers also rotated middle blockers. Cook pulled Bekka Allick in the first set after he told the team to swing away during a timeout, and Allick tipped during the next rally. Maggie Mendelson finished with four kills, while freshman Andi Jackson added eight kills."

Thanks for the info
Posting the scores, I lost track of Bekka being out.
Appreciate the info.
I am not a fan of tipping, either!
You all know how much I hate soft returns, especially when one has a nice angle to SLAM!
:Hooray:

Last edited:

Indiana reported a sell-out for the match, 2,632 fans. But there were a number of empty seats so the sell-out didn't mean the arena was full.
As is the case with many sell-outs I'd assume. The sell-out was the first ever in the history of IU volleyball. Record crowds are happening all over the place for volleyball. Pretty cool. It's an amazingly exciting sport to watch. The women's game. Really get to appreciate the athleticism of the women playing and the defense is amazing...the men's game is pass, set, kill, rinse, repeat...not much excitement there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back