• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Fall Preseason Camp::Last Day Of Fall Camp: 24 August Practice No Media

Not agreeing or disagreeing either way. However there have been many studies that show money is usually low on the list of reasons people leave a job. Unhappy with your boss is #1 in most polls. Also $965,000 and $1.1 million is not a huge difference.
Look at the rest of the compensation.

Highly doubt Carter was unhappy at Nebraska
$965k base to $1.1M base is 14%
Look at the rest of the compensation.

Highly doubt Carter was unhappy at Nebraska
I’m sure he had other comp components at NU as well. Can’t do a good comparison unless we have those figures as well.

I also agree he probably wasn’t unhappy at NU either.

This is a promotion for him. He has a greater scope of responsibility at a school that is bigger, and in the things important to him … better.

I’d be willing to bet that if Iowa State came to him with the same comp package that tOSU did … he might not have left. The scope of responsibilities at a larger more renowned institution is the reason he’s leaving.

Lastly if it is simply money then walk into the chancellor and say listen I’d like my comp to be this, and here are the reasons why.

Adrian also had statistically the worst offensive line in the FBS in 2021
There’s absolutely no doubt that the offensive line during the SF era is why we are talking about Matt Rhule and not SF. It’s why 2AM, a ton of WRs, a handful of TEs and a number of RBs didn’t have statistically better numbers.

It’s why we’ve had multiple losing seasons and no bowl games in forever.

And IMO it’s not because of the OLine recruiting … it’s due to development, S&C and coaching. Jack Stoll, Austin Allen and Travis Vokolek have proven they were NFL-caliber TEs. Yet statistically their career numbers at NU were at best average.

One could make an argument that the TEs were underutilized. I think relatively speaking the TE position was reasonable as compared to our total offensive performance but that our total offensive production was lacking compared to winning programs.

Correct...$500K base is a decent raise, but Nebraska could have matched that, so I do not think money was the only factor.

The reality is Nebraska is an aquired or inherented taste that not everyone enjoys. Of course, the same can be said about Ohio. The Buckeye state is less rural than the Good LIfe state, so there is that.

Official depth chart to be released Friday! Game week is almost here.
Yes and on his radio show Rhule answered a question about when black shirts would be handed out matter of factly with something like, when the depth chart comes out, as if it's simple and why would it be any different?

I'm taking that as a good sign he'll treat them that way, blackshirts are the starters, simple as that.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back