• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Zavier Betts Shares Why He Returned To Nebraska Football

And an important part was left off of that quote:

"Honestly, I feel like I let everybody down. So I wanted to come back and show everybody.”

There is no greater motivator than proving naysayers wrong. It appears under Rhule's stewardship, Betts feels he has the foundational support to help him succeed on and off the field. And he appears extremely motivated.

Not sure how any of this is a negative thing.

The drive to succeed can come from within as well. Agree on proving others wrong as a motivator, but hopefully a byproduct of this process will be the foundation for self confidence and strength that transcends the game and lasts a lifetime.

If Rhule is that kind of coach and man, we're in pretty good shape. I really didn't expect Betts to be part of the puzzle at all. Nice surprise.

The drive to succeed can come from within as well. Agree on proving others wrong as a motivator, but hopefully a byproduct of this process will be the foundation for self confidence and strength that transcends the game and lasts a lifetime.

If Rhule is that kind of coach and man, we're in pretty good shape. I really didn't expect Betts to be part of the puzzle at all. Nice surprise.
Agreed. Goes without saying.

Agreed. Goes without saying.

You would think, but I think folks who've never been in team sports or even the military don't understand what the 'team' or 'mission' drive brings to some people during their time in it. Some really struggle to replace that in 'normal life' when it's all over with.

I think Osborne and his support staff did a really good job of trying to set athletes up for success in life. Looks like Rhule is cut from the same cloth. That should open some eyes of moms and dads in future recruiting cycles.

I'm curious how many of TOs players went on to get doctorate degrees. Pat Tyrance and Jamie Williams come to mind.

My fans really enjoy my posts here at HuskerMax, and I know how sad they are when I'm not posting.

I know Betts didn't mean it to come across that way, and would have worded it differently if he had to do it again.

speechless-nathan-fillion.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back