• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Raiola commits to Georgia

Stetson Bennett got drafted, Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason had cups of coffee, Quincy Carter, JT Daniels, Aaron Murray all had notable careers.

Don’t forget they had Justin Fields, who transferred after losing the battle for starter.

Arguably Raoila could come in and be the best of the lot. End up a high draft pick and cement himself as their best ever. He also could lose the battle for starting QB and transfer in a year.
Getting drafted is not the hugest of deals. I would not call Aaron Murray, JT Daniels or Quincy Carter having notable careers in the NFL

Tom Lemming (a lead recruiting analyst back in the day) ranked Frazier the #3 overall recruit coming out of high school -- the equivalent of 5 stars. It was a different era when option football was far more prevalent in the college game. And Tommie Frazier absolutely lived up to the recruiting hype and then some.

Dylan Raiola is the highest ranked QB Georgia has ever signed. I'm not sure why you and others think he may very well get lost in the shuffle and fail at Georgia. Sure, it can happen -- but I would say that's far from likely. Maybe some of the posters have inside info that I don't suggesting he's not as good as the recruiting experts suggest. Okay then. Wishful thinking? Sour grapes? That's how it comes across to me.

FWIW, Alabama was loaded with QB busts at the NFL level, until Saban went away from the AJ McCarron types and recruited more mobile, athletic QBs. Hurts and Tua are doing just fine in the NFL -- and Bryce Young went #1 overall this year. Georgia has been winning with non-elite QBs, but now they've landed an elite QB. You could very well see the trend change for Georgia just as it did for Alabama.
Normally agree with you. But Tommie the runner, leader and competitor was off the chain. Tommie the passer...meh not so much. He was barely a 50 pct passer, defenses were so focused to stop the run, and he Normally had guys wide open all over the place. Plus his o line was stacked.

Tommie the winner? No peer in college football. He was the best

It will be a different type of pressure At GA as he is still going there as the number one overall recruit in the class. The people paying his NIL and such will expect results It's the SEC baby it just means more!!
There will be different pressure, but it isn't the weight of the world. If things go sideways at UGA, the NIL folks will simply pull the money and not think twice. His NIL package likely doesn't dwarf the other QBs in their room like it would at NU.

It might mean more in the SEC but they (UGA) have the depth and continuous recruiting to absorb a 5* bust and it doesn't kill their chances of still being elite. Our expectations as fans would be thru the roof and as a Raiola, he would probably put a lot of pressure on himself to live up to the name that his dad built at NU.

I don't blame him a bit for going to UGA for a whole host of reasons and wish him the best. If he kills it, maybe we can get one of their transfers!

If you can get the top player in the country, you take it. But if you’re trying to build this egalitarian culture from the ground up maybe it’s better to not have a superstar, million-dollar NIL qb in the building.

Let him go be a big fish in a big pond and who knows, maybe he comes back after our pond gets renovated.

What is this bowl thingy you speak of?
One of the worst inventions of man.

Bowl-Haircut-19.jpg

sBecause who is already there. No sour grapes. Good for him. He is not exactly the most mobile QB. Bennett was actually very good at avoiding trouble, shuffling out of it and moving chains. I live in GA. I have seen a ton of GA games

Who is there that is better than Raiola?

Carson Beck is probably going to be the starter in 2023. He signed with UGA in 2019 -- meaning he's five years older than Dylan Raiola. 4-star QB.

Then we'll see in 2024. Maybe Beck plays an extra "Covid" year. Maybe Raiola sits a year like Arch Manning will do. Maybe Dylan comes in and takes the job right away.

I don't get the idea that the best QB you've ever signed is likely to bolt Georgia, as you say. Is there a bunch of discussion in Georgia about Dylan ultimately leaving the team? Message board I can read?

First game of the 2024 season: Georgia vs Clemson.

Who is there that is better than Raiola?

Carson Beck is probably going to be the starter in 2023. He signed with UGA in 2019 -- meaning he's five years older than Dylan Raiola. 4-star QB.

Then we'll see in 2024. Maybe Beck plays an extra "Covid" year. Maybe Raiola sits a year like Arch Manning will do. Maybe Dylan comes in and takes the job right away.

I don't get the idea that the best QB you've ever signed is likely to bolt Georgia, as you say. Is there a bunch of discussion in Georgia about Dylan ultimately leaving the team? Message board I can read?

First game of the 2024 season: Georgia vs Clemson.
Actually, most Dawgs fan I know are skeptical he beats out the competition there and what they say Kirby is bringing. I think Kirby does not favor statue QB. Neither did Monken. I imagine the new OC too. Guess we will see. Overwhelming amount of Dawgs fans I know are over the whole thing or, yes, think he ends up at Nebraska.

Last edited:
GA QB room...

Beck 4 star
Vandagriff 5 star
Stockton 4 star.

You know Kirby ain't sitting still

Last edited:
I don't disagree with your assessment.

It's just more than a little ironic to me that all the elite HS/College players gravitate to the elite college programs to increases their changes of getting to the NFL. If their "easy button" approach is successful, they will be a HIGH draft pick, meaning they will go to one of the worst NFL teams of the previous year. What a rude awakening this must be for those elites who can't take the easy way out (unless you whine like Elway did and get traded) and pick where they play at the next level.

I wonder what first choice/1st rounders like the Bryce Youngs/Joe Burrows/Trevor Lawrences of the world were thinking when they showed up at that first mini-camp and they were arguably on the worst team in the NFL? Must be quite the culture shock to them to longer be surrounded by nothing but the best of the best...
This is an interesting take. Everyone in the NFL is the best of the best, and Borrow and Lawrence both made the playoffs their 2nd NFL season.

This is an interesting take. Everyone in the NFL is the best of the best, and Borrow and Lawrence both made the playoffs their 2nd NFL season.
Wouldn’t the best of the best bring out the best in you. Seems so with the folks you mentioned

I'm looking forward to an Arch Manning - Dylan Raiola matchup. I'll snag a ticket off StubHub if/when that happens in Austin.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back