• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Raiola commits to Georgia

Yes, he will need some luck they are stacked at QB. They’ll bring in more as well for 2025. He may have to wait 2-3 years to get on the field. You think the #1 recruit wants to wait that long? I’m sure he thinks he won’t, and maybe he’ll kill it, who knows.

As for the NFL, if you can play, they’ll find you. Also, I’m going to guess Nebraska is going to be run in a bigtime fashion now with Rhule in charge, who just coached in the NFL. How that translates to wins, we’ll have to see. Appears to be some real adults in charge now.
I do believe … you play at UGA and are successful he could be #1 overall in 3 years, play at NU and are successful (at a much lesser degree) that he could not have the same draft success.

So many keep talking about an elite OL at Georgia. Everyone knows as much. Must not be very many here who think Rhule is going to make NU’s OL great by all the talk and excuses as to why he went to Georgia. I personally think NU’s OL will be MUCH better, leaps and bounds by 2024. Georgia may tail off a bit losing the glue QB and their OC to the pros. They’ll have some growing pains, but their schedule is so weak it won’t matter.

I do believe … you play at UGA and are successful he could be #1 overall in 3 years, play at NU and are successful (at a much lesser degree) that he could not have the same draft success.
Nah, go 11-1 at NU and you’ll have plenty of exposure. Hell, go 9-3 and play well and you’ll have plenty of attention.

Georgia offers nothing over Nebraska, pal?
Winning, yes. Right now they are dominant on the field. No one is arguing as much. The best teams usually have the best players, so of course, right now, they are sending as many as anyone to the NFL. It’s not the only avenue to the pros.

Disagree.

Ask all of the former Huskers who stick around Nebraska … Carriker, Frazier for example … there is life after football.

Being BMOC does have its advantages … if your logic holds true then every 4 and 5 star prospect should want to play for UGA, Alabama and tOSU and that’s it. No one else would ever get a highly rated recruit.

Trust me, I have zero issue with DR signing with UGA … lots of reasons to do so. But if he would’ve chosen NU because of his family’s legacy and program potential under Rhule then that too would’ve been a logical choice as well.

Looking at your argument we need to tell Rhule, stop recruiting highly rated recruits because they’ll never want to come to NU because only highly ranked recruits will play with other highly ranked recruits.

Ask all of the former Bulldogs who stick around Georgia. There is life after football. Ask all of the former Crimson Tide players... ask all of the former Wolverines, etc.

I never said 4-5-star recruits are limited to THREE schools. C'mon now. There are usually 10-15 schools that get multiple 5-star kids -- and a few stragglers that go elsewhere. All of those 10-15 schools have had more success than Nebraska this century -- and have plugged more players in the NFL in recent years. LSU, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, etc.

Everything I have said is backed by historical evidence. Top players go to top schools many, many more times than not. That's just a fact.

You are trying to create a Hollywood story. The top player chooses a team that's been way down for many years and helps guide them to championships. How often does that happen? If it isn't common -- why not? Why isn't the concept of BMOC bringing more top talent to struggling programs? My guess is because it's more important to you, the fan -- than <insert 5-star name here>, the player.

Last edited:

Why is this on the football board. The three threads on recruiting not enough?
fV2lVLTImW4F255Et3.gif

Anybody who ever saw Tommie pass knows he was not a 5 *. Sorry. The 100 mph fastballs to a player 5 yards away were a dead giveaway. Many wanted him to play LB. Kevin Steele won that one. Tommie was a 5 * winner, fiercely competitive. Glad we got him.

I think Raiola made a mistake. He'll got lost in the shuffle of all the other talent there at QB. Stafford was the only QB in recent memory who made it in the pros. Many busts from the Dawgs at QB in the pros. Can't blame him. The o line is still a huge question mark

Anybody who ever saw Tommie pass knows he was not a 5 *. Sorry. The 100 mph fastballs to a player 5 yards away were a dead giveaway. Many wanted him to play LB. Kevin Steele won that one. Tommie was a 5 * winner, fiercely competitive. Glad we got him.

I think Raiola made a mistake. He'll got lost in the shuffle of all the other talent there at QB. Stafford was the only QB in recent memory who made it in the pros. Many busts from the Dawgs at QB in the pros. Can't blame him. The o line is still a huge question mark
Stetson Bennett got drafted, Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason had cups of coffee, Quincy Carter, JT Daniels, Aaron Murray all had notable careers.

Don’t forget they had Justin Fields, who transferred after losing the battle for starter.

Arguably Raoila could come in and be the best of the lot. End up a high draft pick and cement himself as their best ever. He also could lose the battle for starting QB and transfer in a year.

Last edited:

Ask all of the former Bulldogs who stick around Georgia. There is life after football. Ask all of the former Crimson Tide players... ask all of the former Wolverines, etc.

I never said 4-5-star recruits are limited to THREE schools. C'mon now. There are usually 10-15 schools that get multiple 5-star kids -- and a few stragglers that go elsewhere. All of those 10-15 schools have had more success than Nebraska this century -- and have plugged more players in the NFL in recent years. LSU, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, etc.

Everything I have said is backed by historical evidence. Top players go to top schools many, many more times than not. That's just a fact.

You are trying to create a Hollywood story. The top player chooses a team that's been way down for many years and helps guide them to championships. How often does that happen? If it isn't common -- why not? Why isn't the concept of BMOC bringing more top talent to struggling programs? My guess is because it's more important to you, the fan -- than <insert 5-star name here>, the player.
I don't disagree with your assessment.

It's just more than a little ironic to me that all the elite HS/College players gravitate to the elite college programs to increases their changes of getting to the NFL. If their "easy button" approach is successful, they will be a HIGH draft pick, meaning they will go to one of the worst NFL teams of the previous year. What a rude awakening this must be for those elites who can't take the easy way out (unless you whine like Elway did and get traded) and pick where they play at the next level.

I wonder what first choice/1st rounders like the Bryce Youngs/Joe Burrows/Trevor Lawrences of the world were thinking when they showed up at that first mini-camp and they were arguably on the worst team in the NFL? Must be quite the culture shock to them to longer be surrounded by nothing but the best of the best...

Tom Lemming (a lead recruiting analyst back in the day) ranked Frazier the #3 overall recruit coming out of high school -- the equivalent of 5 stars. It was a different era when option football was far more prevalent in the college game. And Tommie Frazier absolutely lived up to the recruiting hype and then some.

Dylan Raiola is the highest ranked QB Georgia has ever signed. I'm not sure why you and others think he may very well get lost in the shuffle and fail at Georgia. Sure, it can happen -- but I would say that's far from likely. Maybe some of the posters have inside info that I don't suggesting he's not as good as the recruiting experts suggest. Okay then. Wishful thinking? Sour grapes? That's how it comes across to me.

FWIW, Alabama was loaded with QB busts at the NFL level, until Saban went away from the AJ McCarron types and recruited more mobile, athletic QBs. Hurts and Tua are doing just fine in the NFL -- and Bryce Young went #1 overall this year. Georgia has been winning with non-elite QBs, but now they've landed an elite QB. You could very well see the trend change for Georgia just as it did for Alabama.

Last edited:

Tom Lemming (a lead recruiting analyst back in the day) ranked Frazier the #3 overall recruit coming out of high school -- the equivalent of 5 stars. It was a different era when option football was far more prevalent in the college game. And Tommie Frazier absolutely lived up to the recruiting hype and then some.

Dylan Raiola is the highest ranked QB Georgia has ever signed. I'm not sure why you and others think he may very well get lost in the shuffle and fail at Georgia. Sure, it can happen -- but I would say that's far from likely. Maybe some of the posters have inside info that I don't suggesting he's not as good as the recruiting experts suggest. Okay then. Wishful thinking? Sour grapes? That's how it comes across to me.

FWIW, Alabama was loaded with QB busts at the NFL level, until Saban went away from the AJ McCarron types and recruited more mobile, athletic QBs. Hurts and Tua are doing just fine in the NFL -- and Bryce Young went #1 overall this year. Georgia has been winning with non-elite QBs, but now they've landed an elite QB. You could very well see the trend change for Georgia just as it did for Alabama.
Because who is already there. No sour grapes. Good for him. He is not exactly the most mobile QB. Bennett was actually very good at avoiding trouble, shuffling out of it and moving chains. I live in GA. I have seen a ton of GA games

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back