• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs NW 'Cats - Sunday - 12:05 - 4-16-23 - Haymarket Park - Game 3 of 3 - Going for the Sweep!!

Enjoy the winning weekend but refer to Posts #308 and #328 and be realistic. There are probably some top notch high school teams that would fare better in the BigX than northwestern.
I see you are from Scottsbluff. My wife is from Alliance. Say hello to Mike, at Mike's Big Red shop. :) One thing I bought from him that I treasure is a Husker hockey jersey. Still don't know what to do with it!! :Hooray:

I'm not certain Mike's shop is still open. If he's located in the Monument Mall that's comparable to the traffic at a cemetary.
I do enjoy a win, but need to be realistic - don't get too high, don't get too low with each and every game. It's a process over a long season so you want to see good baseball and the team advancing toward the eventual playoffs.

don't get too high, don't get too low with each and every game. It's a process over a long season so you want to see good baseball and the team advancing toward the eventual playoffs.
Agree

Baseball is a long journey.

Win a series and move on….focus on the next opponent.

The second you start losing that focus, and that mantra….you start to have problems immediately.

this weekend was good….now focus on Creighton.

I am frankly tired of the way we have “played down” to the in state teams the last two years.

then, huge series with Iowa at Iowa city this weekend!

GBR!

I'm not certain Mike's shop is still open. If he's located in the Monument Mall that's comparable to the traffic at a cemetary.
I do enjoy a win, but need to be realistic - don't get too high, don't get too low with each and every game. It's a process over a long season so you want to see good baseball and the team advancing toward the eventual playoffs.
We, also, do not get too high, so to speak. We have learned, over the years, not to put all our eggs in one basket.

I would like to add, though, nothing wrong with celebrating good fortune. :)
It is what we do.

I would rather have my glass half full, and not half empty. Enjoy it while one can, I always say. I've been around a hell of a long time, so I'll take the joy when I can. :Cheers:

Last edited:

1681707769304.png

Northwestern Logo

Northwestern 5-26
Nebraska Logo

Winner Nebraska 21-11-1
Score By Periods
Team123456789RHE
Northwestern000001013580
Nebraska32112540X18201
W: Walsh, Will (2-1) L: Luke Benneche (0-4)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back