• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs NW 'Cats - Sunday - 12:05 - 4-16-23 - Haymarket Park - Game 3 of 3 - Going for the Sweep!!

And that should temper our celebration a bit.

Bottom line is this is a team we SHOULD sweep.

The good news is…we did….and in totally dominating fashion.

But it’s baseball….win the series and move on. Beat the teams you should beat.

We did that!

NOW…Let’s beat those darn Blue Jays on Tuesday and at least win a game from our in state competition LOL.

Am tired of “playing down” to those guys. Sigh

Agree.

As I said in the other thread, one can never assume sweeps in baseball. Sometimes one bad pitch makes all the difference. But we took care of business this weekend -- and then some.

I'm definitely interested to see how we do on Tuesday against Creighton. Would hate to see us go 0-4 against teams from Omaha.

Last edited:
Don't dig the dribble down your leg finish but it is a good teaching moment
Exactly…and one that really doesn’t hurt and is invaluable.

In Virginia…where I coached HS ball

we had a re-entry rule where you could sub in for players who could actually re-enter at a later point.

Made going to the reserves sooooo much easier and you could get more kids in the game with far less risk.

If the reserves started to give up a substantial lead….you could put starters back in.

Enjoy the winning weekend but refer to Posts #308 and #328 and be realistic. There are probably some top notch high school teams that would fare better in the BigX than northwestern.
We know NW is not very good. The Huskers now that!

Enjoy the winning weekend but refer to Posts #308 and #328 and be realistic. There are probably some top notch high school teams that would fare better in the BigX than northwestern.
C’mon man…stop with the “negative waves” LOL

Take the wins….celebrate …move on.

Northwestern‘s status is not under our control….beating them is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back