• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Big Dance Thread

UConn Huskies
Washington Huskies
N.Illinois Huskies ......... (N.Illinois at Nebraska, September 16 2023)

Huskers .... only one

I’m a big time UCONN fan. Worked state security for many games over the years. Looking forward to SDS - UCONN game Monday evening. Nothing is a lock in college basketball but I believe UCONN is the better team and will have their 5th NC when the dust settles. BTW... mighty Kansas only has 4 NC’s so UCONN will be in unique company if they win.

1680562675501.png

BEAT UCONN

I’m a big time UCONN fan. Worked state security for many games over the years. Looking forward to SDS - UCONN game Monday evening. Nothing is a lock in college basketball but I believe UCONN is the better team and will have their 5th NC when the dust settles. BTW... mighty Kansas only has 4 NC’s so UCONN will be in unique company if they win.
Hurley is a bit too cocky for me … I suspect most coaches are … he’s just got that east coast upitty about him.

Hurley is a bit too cocky for me … I suspect most coaches are … he’s just got that east coast upitty about him.
Born and raised in Jersey City, NJ which probably accounts for his abrasive manner of speaking. It’s really a NYC/North Jersey thing imo. UCONN was very fortunate to hire him as he’s been very successful everywhere he’s coached. Hope he sticks around at UCONN for a long time!

Congrats to UCONN Huskies on their 5th NC. One of the more dominating runs in NCAA tournament history.
Teams that beat UConn - Marquette (twice), Creighton, Xavier, Providence, Seton Hall, and St. John’s.

Notable non-conference wins - Alabama, Ok State, Oregon, IState and Florida.

Congrats to UCONN Huskies on their 5th NC. One of the more dominating runs in NCAA tournament history.
Teams that beat UConn - Marquette (twice), Creighton, Xavier, Providence, Seton Hall, and St. John’s.

Notable non-conference wins - Alabama, Ok State, Oregon, IState and Florida.

UConn was only the 5th championship team to win every tournament game by double digits. The Huskies won by an average of 20 points, which is the 2nd most ever.

Pretty darn dominating indeed.

UConn was only the 5th championship team to win every tournament game by double digits. The Huskies won by an average of 20 points, which is the 2nd most ever.

Pretty darn dominating indeed.
Also a team not ranked in the Top 25 preseason.
It is going to be interesting to see what happens to college basketball. NIL, transfer portal, one-and-done's, conference realignment, some legendary coaches leaving the game - Coach K, Boeheim ... the middle class is getting better and the blue bloods are not dominating like they once did.

UConn has more NC's than Kansas. Final Four participants were from Big East, Conference USA, Mountain West, and ACC. Where was Big 10, Big 12, SEC and PAC 12?

Basketball is the one sport where turn-arounds can happen quickly. The B1G played 20 conference games with 3 games separating 2nd place from 12th place. UConn finished in 4th place in their conference - Marquette won both the regular season and conference tournament, Creighton and Xavier finished ahead of UConn.

If I am Trev Alberts I have to believe with the right organization that they can get a competitive men's and women's basketball program!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back