• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Big Dance Thread

It is going to be interesting to see what happens to college basketball. NIL, transfer portal, one-and-done's, conference realignment, some legendary coaches leaving the game - Coach K, Boeheim ... the middle class is getting better and the blue bloods are not dominating like they once did.

UConn has more NC's than Kansas. Final Four participants were from Big East, Conference USA, Mountain West, and ACC. Where was Big 10, Big 12, SEC and PAC 12?

Basketball is the one sport where turn-arounds can happen quickly. The B1G played 20 conference games with 3 games separating 2nd place from 12th place. UConn finished in 4th place in their conference - Marquette won both the regular season and conference tournament, Creighton and Xavier finished ahead of UConn.

If I am Trev Alberts I have to believe with the right organization that they can get a competitive men's and women's basketball program!
I agree.
From the thread on transfers, by May 11, 25-30% of all D1 scholarship players will be in the portal. 13 scholarships per team. If a team has returning 9 or 10 scholarship players, then on average about 3 will go to the portal. That means on average a team will have at least 7 new players every year— 3-4 frosh, and 3-4 transfers. NIL will likely guide who are net winners and net losers in the portal, so yes, NU should be able to be competitive.

Teams that beat UConn - Marquette (twice), Creighton, Xavier, Providence, Seton Hall, and St. John’s.

Notable non-conference wins - Alabama, Ok State, Oregon, IState and Florida.
That’s why I didn’t say they had a dominating season but rather a dominating performance in the Big Dance. Very few teams have ever won the NC by double digits every game. UCONN got on a roll at just the right time! Then they made the most of it which shows some very good coaching imo.

That’s why I didn’t say they had a dominating season but rather a dominating performance in the Big Dance. Very few teams have ever won the NC by double digits every game. UCONN got on a roll at just the right time! Then they made the most of it which shows some very good coaching imo.
Not debating you at all … good team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back