• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Earn Your Single Digit: lowest roster number is #10

I'd also take the kicker making even 10 percent of those. I feel like the season will be somewhat successful with 600+ points being scored.
Have we ever scored 600 points in a season?
On a 12 game season, that's 50 points per game.

I remember for the 2997 season predictions thread, I predicted a 5-7 record, scoring 450 points. I was ridiculed. No way we score that much, and have that record. I was pretty damn close
Edit
That would be the 2007 season, lol fat fingers

Last edited:

Not a fan of this. All depends on how they eventually get distributed I guess. Single digits are certainly the “thing” right now so I can see the incentive angle but at what point do you pull the OL numbers? Jim Otto would be in raged right now if Al Davis pulled this stunt. Be very interesting how this is handled. Are the players gonna be deciding who is having the best practices as well?
This isn't the NFL. So I don't think you need to worry about the players feelings.

Have we ever scored 600 points in a season?
On a 12 game season, that's 50 points per game.

I remember for the 2997 season predictions thread, I predicted a 5-7 record, scoring 450 points. I was ridiculed. No way we score that much, and have that record. I was pretty damn close
Sir, are you an alien?

Leave it to Deion to take a good idea too far. Nobody gets #0 because Deion thinks no one should want #0. Deion is giving out #1. All about Deion...

Deion is taking the concept further - making everybody earn their number.

Which is stupid, because no matter how crappy you are, everybody has to have a number by game day. It's literally an NCAA rule. You can't trot out wearing numberless jerseys.

This is a perfect illustration of how to set up small incentives and rewards. Rhule understands that creating a limited supply will increase competition. Deion doesn't get that everybody will eventually be handed a number, regardless of their crap level.

If I can figure that out in 15 seconds, I expect all the kids on Deion's roster are already hip to the fact that they can just laze through practices and still get a number assigned to them.

Deion is taking the concept further - making everybody earn their number.

Which is stupid, because no matter how crappy you are, everybody has to have a number by game day. It's literally an NCAA rule. You can't trot out wearing numberless jerseys.

This is a perfect illustration of how to set up small incentives and rewards. Rhule understands that creating a limited supply will increase competition. Deion doesn't get that everybody will eventually be handed a number, regardless of their crap level.

If I can figure that out in 15 seconds, I expect all the kids on Deion's roster are already hip to the fact that they can just laze through practices and still get a number assigned to them.
Everyone except his son who gets the #2. I have a feeling this will come back to bite him, he's been putting his son on a pedestal since he got there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back