• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It’s Official: Welcome Matt Rhule

Here's hoping for the best!

Attachments

• hee-haw.gif
    hee-haw.gif
    275.6 KB · Views: 82

An 8-year contract huh. I think I was called a troll for mentioning the 8-year contract. :Lol:
GBR

Loved him on Gameday. He mentioned the good job Mickey is doing also. Called talking to Dr Tom and bucket list item. Good dude. Good coach. LFG GBR
It'll take time for people, to include me, to warm up to him but we all have to get behind coach Rhule because he is now our guy! I have a feeling this off season will seen a lot longer than usual. Watching the game clock countdown is doing too slow! Time to reset and make this 1972 all over again!

Here's how that conversation may go:
Matt: Honey, guess where we are going to spend the next 8 years of our lives together?!
Wife: Oh, gosh Matt, that makes me so excited!! You must mean The Bahamas?! Or maybe San Diego?! Or what about Vail?! You know how much I love skiing!!
Matt: Uh.....no, honey......Lincoln, Nebraska.
Wife: (long pause....)......I hope you buy a comfortable sofa for our new house there, because you are going to be sleeping on it for the next 8 years.

Last edited:

If Rhule doesn't . . . I think Trev will in some way. Would find a way to get him on the admin staff related to recruiting or something.

But Rhule would be smart to keep Mickey, if they seem to gel. Keep a great recruiter and a bridge for some key players. Either way, I think Mickey will be around in some capacity.
that's assuming he would want some admin role, which I don't think he does. He's a coach and wants to coach, imo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back