• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Head Coach.

I think Trev already has his man locked up.

He is a proven P5 winner as a headcoach at multiple coaching stops and a proven program builder.

Everyone relax. Trev canned Scott Fraud early to beat out other schools.
Who isn't relaxed? I have no expectations for the next coach unlike some who think there are a bunch of boxes to check and if they aren't checked then they'll scream at Trev in all caps.

Who isn't relaxed? I have no expectations for the next coach unlike some who think there are a bunch of boxes to check and if they aren't checked then they'll scream at Trev in all caps.
I get that ......no room for error this time around. GOT IT.

It is incredible how many P5 openings there are now and October just started.

Wisconsin
Nebraska
Colorado
Arizona State

My guess is that dude at FSU is on his way out too.

Then if those teams all take someone else's head coach then you have four more openings.....gonna be crazy this year.
I agree with others that have said Norvell will likely be safe another year at FSU. If he can get them back to a bowl game, that will show improvement enough to stay on another year. He is already at 4 wins, so just needs two more to get there.

Other P5 schools I think might change:
  • Iowa
  • At least one school in SEC: Auburn, South Carolina, Mizzou
  • Louisville
  • West Virginia
  • Stanford

It is incredible how many P5 openings there are now and October just started.

Wisconsin
Nebraska
Colorado
Arizona State

My guess is that dude at FSU is on his way out too.

Then if those teams all take someone else's head coach then you have four more openings.....gonna be crazy this year.
And Georgia Tech

Norvell is a possibility
Others that could get it- Jimbo Fisher, Steve Sarkisian, Bryan Harsin, and Scott Satterfield.

I agree with others that have said Norvell will likely be safe another year at FSU. If he can get them back to a bowl game, that will show improvement enough to stay on another year. He is already at 4 wins, so just needs two more to get there.

Other P5 schools I think might change:
  • Iowa
  • At least one school in SEC: Auburn, South Carolina, Mizzou
  • Louisville
  • West Virginia
  • Stanford

People don't understand the mess that FSU football was in when Norvell took that job. He has them on the right track but they're not there yet. Barring a scandal or monumental collapse, he is very safe.

And Georgia Tech

Norvell is a possibility
Others that could get it- Jimbo Fisher, Steve Sarkisian, Bryan Harsin, and Scott Satterfield.
I'd be shocked if Jimbo got fired. His buyout is monumental because of the extensions he's gotten. I know there is a lot of money in Texas, but I think that will keep them from making a move this year.

Sark I think has at least another year or two in him. He has recruiting on the right track and this is only his 2nd year. Playing Alabama as well as they did bought him quite a bit of good will. Plus, he has Manning coming in next year and will have Ewers back healthy.

I think the other two are strong possibilities, even though Harsin doesn't have a lot of time in. If they want to fire him they need to do it before the Iron Bowl. If he slips up and wins that, you can't fire him (see Gus Malzahn).

Please.....Please make this happen. That's all.
This is from the urban thread you started

He is a proven P5 winner as a headcoach at multiple coaching stops and a proven program builder.

Boy, you changed in less than a week.. Let guess, you have inside sources?

Based on what? BTW - thanks for telling me how to feel. I wasn't sure, but now I am.

Huge Buyout?

It didn't say.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back