• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Aranda?

This is the guy I hope for in Lincoln.

I don't know what Trev would have to do to get him IF he wants him to be the next coach. I have no idea what he is making at Baylor.

With Aranda, I see a coach who would translate quite well to Nebraska and the Big Ten.

Aranda not only has experience coaching in the Big Ten, but his brand of football is going to emphasize defense.

And if you look at Baylor's offensive stats from last season (offensive coordinator is a well-respected Jeff Grimes), they ran the ball quite a bit. Averaged 40 runs per game versus 26 passes. This year, Baylor is 18th nationally in rush attempts per game, last season they finished 30th.

Also last season, Baylor had a 1,600-yard rusher and an 800-yard rusher.

Baylor was 12th nationally in scoring defense last year, they are currently 18th nationally this season.

Defense, Run game, Physical, fundamental football.

Sign me up!

Yes and No … limiting her husband to living in Ohio? If you marry a football coach … life might take you beyond the reaches of one particular state. Part of the deal.

Cincinnati and tOSU are the only two P5 schools in Ohio … kind of limiting her husbands career opportunities … what happens if he wears out his welcome at UC?

Nevertheless maybe he makes a 25 year career at UC … at some point in time the tOSU job may pass him by? What if Ryan Day stays forever or LF doesn’t get the job next?
I'm not privy to their life situation. If she is limiting his area of work, or if she isn't. Whatever the reason he's only ever coached in ohio, it seems to be working out for them.
Is his goal to HC at OSU again? I dunno.

If he wears out his welcome at Cincinnati? Could be he'd be happy working at Kent State or Home Depot.

With Aranda, I see a coach who would translate quite well to Nebraska and the Big Ten.

Aranda not only has experience coaching in the Big Ten, but his brand of football is going to emphasize defense.

And if you look at Baylor's offensive stats from last season (offensive coordinator is a well-respected Jeff Grimes), they ran the ball quite a bit. Averaged 40 runs per game versus 26 passes. This year, Baylor is 18th nationally in rush attempts per game, last season they finished 30th.

Also last season, Baylor had a 1,600-yard rusher and an 800-yard rusher.

Baylor was 12th nationally in scoring defense last year, they are currently 18th nationally this season.

Defense, Run game, Physical, fundamental football.

Sign me up!
I agree HW. I am tired of these offenses that expose the defense. We need "complimentary" football in this league.

This is the guy I hope for in Lincoln.

I don't know what Trev would have to do to get him IF he wants him to be the next coach. I have no idea what he is making at Baylor.

Though Baylor doesn't have to publicly disclose (private school), Aranda is reportedly making $4 million/year. Frost was making more.

Nebraska should offer Aranda somewhere in the $7-8 million/year range. That's the range Cristobal at Miami, Napier at Florida, and Venebles at OU signed for in their current first-year head coaching jobs. That's a big boost in pay for Aranda.

Though Baylor doesn't have to publicly disclose (private school), Aranda is reportedly making $4 million/year. Frost was making more.

Nebraska should offer Aranda somewhere in the $7-8 million/year range. That's the range Cristobal at Miami, Napier at Florida, and Venebles at OU signed for in their current first-year head coaching jobs. That's a big boost in pay for Aranda.
With the money coming in, I don't think 7 years for 70 would be out of line. I know this has been said during the last few head coaching changes , but Trev is going to have to commit to giving the next guy time to show steady progress and build from the foundation up. If we want sustained success it has to be done the right way. There are no quick fixes at this point.

If you can get him for less, great.

Last edited:

So so profoundly true.

Most spousal battles aren't worth fighting
Why does it take years to figure this out? I look back at some of the things I swore I was right about and dagnabbit she better go along with it. Years later I realize it wasn't worth it...tell that to my youthful pride though. :Lol:

I think it's more than that. Just listening to him speak and watching his teams over the years (as DC as well) he seems like a great fit.

He's a guy I would really like to see get a shot here.

To have really dominant defenses in the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 is impressive, and honestly, something we haven't seen in Lincoln since 2010.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back