• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost out; Mickey Joseph Named Interim Head Coach

Now that it's over, I'm just extraordinarily sad. Everybody wanted this to work so badly.

The fact Nebraska may have a "strained" relationship with Scott Frost just like Solich has never wanted to come back and be honored by Husker fans hurts.

OTOH, I really hope the players play hard for Mickey and the rest of the staff the rest of the season. Unlike when Bo was here the first time, if the players and staff turn this season around I believe Trev will conduct serious, legitimate interviews with Mickey and Whipple as part of the search process for the next permanent head coach. Not saying either will or should get the job, but if they turn this season around they deserve the type of legitimate interview and consideration Bo didn't get the first time around.

this is wild to me, tbh.. like i get that he wasn't the answer and that his days were numbered, but doing this before the buyout got dialed back kinda perplexes me. like, what is the advantage here? would the next weeks make that much of a difference? i understand the AD and boosters have more than enough $$ to compensate but still kinda feels like a waste of resources.

or is that just a move to rip the bandaid off, and give scott that extra $ as a sort of constellation prize and thanks for what he's done for the program prior to taking over?

Just don't be celebratory about it folks. Change was clearly needed but Scott is not some villain... and I suspect he will get another OC job and do well. Scott will always be a good Husker in my heart.

Good leadership by Trev.... money be damned. I believe in him and his abilty to evaluate where we should be and who can get us there.
Scott needed to go last year IMO.

That said, I have a daughter, young adult pretty girl, who works at a place Frost is a customer. She doesn’t care about sports, didn’t know who he was until a year after she met him.

I asked her how he was to interact with. She said he is always nice, polite, generous with the staff, he doesn’t ogle or flirt (she gets that sometimes). When I told her just now that he was fired she said “maybe people can stop being so mad at him now.”

Frost has my respect for being respectful to my daughter and her coworkers. He has my empathy for the heavy burden we all know he carried. The guy wanted to win, couldn’t get it done, I have no doubt he feels that more deeply than anyone else.

Good luck Scott.

Scott needed to go last year IMO.

That said, I have a daughter, young adult pretty girl, who works at a place Frost is a customer. She doesn’t care about sports, didn’t know who he was until a year after she met him.

I asked her how he was to interact with. She said he is always nice, polite, generous with the staff, he doesn’t ogle or flirt (she gets that sometimes). When I told her just now that he was fired she said “maybe people can stop being so mad at him now.”

Frost has my respect for being respectful to my daughter and her coworkers. He has my empathy for the heavy burden we all know he carried. The guy wanted to win, couldn’t get it done, I have no doubt he feels that more deeply than anyone else.

Good luck Scott.

This will be a blessing for him in the long run.

He has learned much being here.

I believe he will emerge as a very, very successgul HC in the future.

this is wild to me, tbh.. like i get that he wasn't the answer and that his days were numbered, but doing this before the buyout got dialed back kinda perplexes me. like, what is the advantage here? would the next weeks make that much of a difference? i understand the AD and boosters have more than enough $$ to compensate but still kinda feels like a waste of resources.

or is that just a move to rip the bandaid off, and give scott that extra $ as a sort of constellation prize and thanks for what he's done for the program prior to taking over?
This isn’t rocket science. There are several posts in here (obviously all opinions) where this is explained somewhat. This move is like you or I dropping a quarter into the trash can by accident. Of this move was going to directly cost the athletic department the extra 7.5 million, it would not have been made until October. Someone, or multiple someones, covered this cost.

Just going to skip most of the stuff on here. I missed last nights game due to work but I guarantee I was going to go to the rest. I have always supported the coaches (until they were no longer the coach), I am sorry this happened, though I know it was needed.

I plan on being there to support Mickey and the staff the rest of the way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back