• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern Practice Thread: Friday 25 August: Nebraska Pep Rally

too small for a plane that size
Lincoln MAP is larger runway than Omaha. Lincoln landing, Space shuttle backup.

The joint use civilian/military Lincoln Airport/Lincoln Air National Guard Base in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA was designated as an alternate landing site for its 12,900 ft (3,932 m) long main runway. Including 1000 ft over-runs on each end, the runway totaled almost 15,000 ft in length. The site also had low air traffic, both commercial and military.[32][33][34] No space shuttle landing ever occurred there

Last edited:

It’ll most likely be nonstop since they brought the plane in from Chicago. I flew to Dublin direct from Chicago a few years ago and the flight was just over 6 hours. From Omaha it’ll probably be 7 1/2 hours. They’re flying Aer Lingus and they’re a top notch airline

I have no doubt it's a direct flight. I'm guessing Aer Lingus isn't a regular at Eppley -- and there probably are not direct flights from OMA to Dublin available normally. But this is an exception.

Online, it suggests the flight time from Omaha to Dublin on a typical commercial jet is 8 1/2 hours.

Regarding Chicago to Dublin... https://www.aerlingus.com/en-us/flights-from-chicago-to-dublin ... "The total flight time from Chicago to Dublin is 7 hours and 25 minutes. The total distance is 3671 miles; 5908 km."

I'll be on a direct flight from Austin to Amsterdam exactly two weeks from now. It's 9 hours and 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Lincoln MAP is larger runway than Omaha. Lincoln landing, Space shuttle backup.

The joint use civilian/military Lincoln Airport/Lincoln Air National Guard Base in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA was designated as an alternate landing site for its 12,900 ft (3,932 m) long main runway. Including 1000 ft over-runs on each end, the runway totaled almost 15,000 ft in length. The site also had low air traffic, both commercial and military.[32][33][34] No space shuttle landing ever occurred there

A couple months ago, it was announced the long runway at LNK is likely to cease existence. It's in bad enough shape it would need to be completely rebuilt. And there's not anyone willing to pay for that expense. The FAA would typically handle the bulk of it -- but they won't invest in a runway that sits empty.

The Lincoln airport is just dying. They lost Delta around the start of the year and are down to one regular airline providing service.

Last edited:
I have no doubt it's a direct flight. I'm guessing Aer Lingus isn't a regular at Eppley -- and there probably are not direct flights from OMA to Dublin available normally. But this is an exception.

Online, it suggests the flight time from Omaha to Dublin on a typical commercial jet is 8 1/2 hours.

https://www.aerlingus.com/en-us/flights-from-chicago-to-dublin ... "The total flight time from Chicago to Dublin is 7 hours and 25 minutes. The total distance is 3671 miles; 5908 km."

I'll be on a direct flight from Austin to Amsterdam exactly two weeks from now. It's 9 hours and 15 minutes.
When we went to Ireland a few years back we flew American from Omaha to Chicago, Chicago to Dublin. The Chicago to Dublin Flight was less then 7 hours. On the same trip we went to London and then flew home from London to Chicago and that was 7 1/2 hours.

A couple months ago, it was announced the long runway at LNK is likely to cease existence. It's in bad enough shape it would need to be completely rebuilt. And there's not anyone willing to pay for that expense. The FAA would typically handle the bulk of it -- but they won't invest in a runway that sits empty.

The Lincoln airport is just dying. They lost Delta around the start of the year and are down to one regular airline providing service.
That's why. Thanks.

However, Lincoln Air National Guard, I think operational today ...... (KC-135 fleet)

320px-RC-135_%28practicing_touch_and_goes%29%2C_Lincoln_Airport%2C_Lincoln%2C_Nebraska%2C_USA.jpg

When we went to Ireland a few years back we flew American from Omaha to Chicago, Chicago to Dublin. The Chicago to Dublin Flight was less then 7 hours. On the same trip we went to London and then flew home from London to Chicago and that was 7 1/2 hours.

The jet stream plays a role for sure. Flights from West to East tend to take less time than flights from East to West. But that can vary, as the jet stream itself varies in position and speed.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back