• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern

Can you please explain how this was deemed personal? HT...now that's personal, especially when dudes throw around the C/Fbombs with zero fear. I asked him not to make false claim, for a second time.. Figured that might be against user policy and a situation where moderation would be required. I'm lost on the rules here. My apologies. I'll bow out of the thread to ensure the thread stays on track. :thumbsup:

It was getting testy between you two

That's a fact

Simply tone it down or take it to a PM

I do not think that is unreasonable to ask

For the record on the open board if guys throw around the f bomb as you claimed and I know about it or David knows about it usually leads to a vacation and is deleted once we are aware. Much like politics is not allowed.

I can bring David into the discussion on the f bomb claim if you like as I have zero doubt he will agree with what I said on the open board

I am simply asked for both of you to tone it down or hash it out in a PM

I do not think that is asking to much

Know one is asking you to leave the thread

RR

Reading comprehension. Never said what you claimed.

Why don't you share your thoughts as opposed to putting words in the mouth of others. For the sake of this thread, how about addressing my original post about this team having a "perfect" mindset while being a 3 win team.

Huh? I asked for clarification on what you feel our talent level is. You objected to my use of the term jam packed. So I posed some other options.

If you think this team has a perfect mindset than more power to you. If you think our problem is they don’t have a perfect mindset, that’s your prerogative as well. I don’t know what the mindset of the team is, so I can’t really determine whether it is “perfect” or not, let alone whether it is the source of our problems. I guess I can say that nothing can be perfect, so it follows that their mindset can’t be perfect by default.

I will say that, despite the adversity of the FY21 season, I didn’t see any quit in this team. I saw nothing that caused me to believe their mindset was the problem.

Hi
Huh? I asked for clarification on what you feel our talent level is. You objected to my use of the term jam packed. So I posed some other options.

If you think this team has a perfect mindset than more power to you. If you think our problem is they don’t have a perfect mindset, that’s your prerogative as well. I don’t know what the mindset of the team is, so I can’t really determine whether it is “perfect” or not, let alone whether it is the source of our problems. I guess I can say that nothing can be perfect, so it follows that their mindset can’t be perfect by default.

I will say that, despite the adversity of the FY21 season, I didn’t see any quit in this team. I saw nothing that caused me to believe their mindset was the problem.
You continue to go out on that proverbial limb.

I'm curious about the folks who think NU will come out of the gate on week zero and score over 40 points.

In the game prediction thread there are lots of high scores predicted so would like to hear some of the folks thought process. Admittedly I haven't watched much of the practice highlights, but don't think there is anything there that gives a clue.

I'm not trolling, the serious question is, was it last year's game, the spring game, coaches interviews, or just koolaid? I just don't see the offense humming in the first game given all the new offensive coaches, meshing of the Frost-Whipple concepts, and question marks at nearly every position group. I'd love to see them score 35+, but I could also see a 14-3 game.

Well, you might want to ask Scott about that after four years. Not sure what to tell you here. There's an obvious issue. I'll let you pontificate on that.
And it is better to be humble Than pontificate and bumble Through the spree Of the people tree

I'm curious about the folks who think NU will come out of the gate on week zero and score over 40 points.

In the game prediction thread there are lots of high scores predicted so would like to hear some of the folks thought process. Admittedly I haven't watched much of the practice highlights, but don't think there is anything there that gives a clue.

I'm not trolling, the serious question is, was it last year's game, the spring game, coaches interviews, or just koolaid? I just don't see the offense humming in the first game given all the new offensive coaches, meshing of the Frost-Whipple concepts, and question marks at nearly every position group. I'd love to see them score 35+, but I could also see a 14-3 game.

I looked at NW last year and what they were scoring (16 per game) and giving up (29 per game) to form my opinion based on it also being the first week and on a neutral field I took at a stab st Huskers 34 - 13

Opening games are always tough to gauge

Last edited:

Here's a quote from an anonymous coach in the conference;

"In their division, Nebraska still has the best-looking roster. We call it the all-bus team because they look better than anyone else in the West in pregame. Long, tall dudes, really athletic, and then after a quarter or so, you stop worrying because they're usually hurting themselves. They struggle with turnovers, they struggle with technique. I think it's a culture issue."

So not only does he think Nebraska’s issues aren't talent related, but it hasn't been for a while.

What is the point of this conversation at this point in time? As I told 36 Blast last night take it to PMs and hash it out there

Folks are trying to discuss Northwestern and this stuff just derails it

RR
I was asking a question in response to another poster who posted in this thread. I didn’t see any objection to him asking me the question and the person I was responding to was not 36blast. The point of my post was to figure out what the poster meant by his comment.

I tend to respond to people who take the time to comment on a post I make. I thought that was what these forums were for. I didn’t realize that I was impeding important business occurring here.

I will be more careful to ascertain whether posts are on thread topic before responding.

Here's a quote from an anonymous coach in the conference;

"In their division, Nebraska still has the best-looking roster. We call it the all-bus team because they look better than anyone else in the West in pregame. Long, tall dudes, really athletic, and then after a quarter or so, you stop worrying because they're usually hurting themselves. They struggle with turnovers, they struggle with technique. I think it's a culture issue."

So not only does he think Nebraska’s issues aren't talent related, but it hasn't been for a while.
This post is not on the topic of NW, so I can’t opine. Please stick to the topic of this thread.

I was asking a question in response to another poster who posted in this thread. I didn’t see any objection to him asking me the question and the person I was responding to was not 36blast. The point of my post was to figure out what the poster meant by his comment.

I tend to respond to people who take the time to comment on a post I make. I thought that was what these forums were for. I didn’t realize that I was impeding important business occurring here.

I will be more careful to ascertain whether posts are on thread topic before responding.

Fair enough on all

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back