• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

Quoting myself here ... ;)

Look at Ohio State last year in November games...

CJ Stroud passing yardage:

Nov 8 (at Nebraska): 405 yards
Nov 15 (Purdue): 361 yards
Nov 22 (Michigan St): 432 yards
Nov 29 (at Michigan): 394 yards

TD-INT combined in November games: 15 TD passes, 2 INTs.

Stroud is a native Southern Californian, and those were his first games playing in the Midwest in November. He was averaging about 400 yards passing and 4 TDs per November game last year.

USC and Caleb Williams is a reasonable comparison with Stroud. No, doesn't mean Williams will put up numbers like that. But it also doesn't mean, "oh no, November, I'm going to suck playing in the cold!"
And thats why I'd watch USC play Minny in late November when it in the 20s.

Again, I don't think 20s matter significantly more than 40s.

Sure, if it's also windy and maybe snowing -- then you see all sorts of offenses slowed. But there aren't very many games like that in November.

Last edited:

Sure, if it's also windy and maybe snowing -- then you see all offenses slowed. But there aren't very many games like that in November.
tenor.gif

Sure, if it's also windy and maybe snowing -- then you see all offenses slowed. But there aren't very many games like that in November.
And the stadium has a heated field. Not that cold on the field when in use

Sure, if it's also windy and maybe snowing -- then you see all sorts of offenses slowed. But there aren't very many games like that in November.
Theres many things to consider here,as you know, especially that 'early' for the So Cal teams to face those temps.
Next to Florida, that area is closest to Florida, where they often wont play outside their state.
But a dry cold cloudless evening has its advantages, besides snow.

Yea. My comment on that is they might be slowed by state interests concerned about what happens to OSU and WSU. The Okie version suggests separation is not impossible, but I would think getting the okays would slow the process at least.
What are you thinking? Maybe two days instead of one!

This. Stanford and ND, but OU and UW, not Cal is where rumor people seem to be. ND has serious contractual issues it appears, and OR and UW likely have some political issues, so the next expansion may take some time.
I am hearing that the new B1G media contract may be worth over a hundred million per team. You would think that would put a fire under some people. Remember the old saying "money talks and BS walks".

I am hearing that the new B1G media contract may be worth over a hundred million per team. You would think that would put a fire under some people. Remember the old saying "money talks and BS walks".
Teams like FSU are already worrying that its money gap will never close remaining in the current ACC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back