• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB William "Pop" Watson Flips To VA Tech

In post #18 RR posted a tweet from somebody in Massachusetts saying that Watson is the best HS QB he's seen in MA in at least 20 years. Based on your analysis N2FL, that makes me wonder if being the best HS QB in Massachusetts would be equivalent to being the best rapper in Nebraska? ;)

the 5'11 - 6-0 qb does not concern me, as much as a 6-9 OL. does anyone really think that a 6-9 OL can move well enuf to stop a DE or OLB who just runs around them. Most OL lose agility the taller they get, its just a fact. Id rather have 6-4 OT, that can move than a 6-9 OT who has long arms, but slow feet. Sorry if this diverts the topic.

I agree that height is a potential concern. But successful shorter QBs either have exceptional athleticism, a very high football IQ, or both. This kid may have both. I disagree that his athleticism isn’t in the same league as Murray. Watching his film, Murray was the first comp that came to mind. He even has the strong throw with a flick of the wrist that Murray has. I’m not saying he’s going to be Kyler Murray, but he does possess similar athleticism and arm ability.

I agree with you on locking up Watson, a kid that Whipple knows well for 2023 and putting the full court press on Raiola for 2024. That’s a winning strategy.
Anyone know if Watson can throw a baseball 90 mph?

I agree that height is a potential concern. But successful shorter QBs either have exceptional athleticism, a very high football IQ, or both. This kid may have both. I disagree that his athleticism isn’t in the same league as Murray. Watching his film, Murray was the first comp that came to mind. He even has the strong throw with a flick of the wrist that Murray has. I’m not saying he’s going to be Kyler Murray, but he does possess similar athleticism and arm ability.

I agree with you on locking up Watson, a kid that Whipple knows well for 2023 and putting the full court press on Raiola for 2024. That’s a winning strategy.

IMPO Watson isn't in the same league as Murray as far as arm talent or athleticism.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back