• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

It is an interesting hire in that Frostseems to have gone after someone who was not simply available, he lured him away from another team and from a geographical area of comfort.

I keep hearing people say he’s adaptable, smart and will adjust time what’s needed in the big. Maybe, maybe not, but it seems like a familiar refrain.

For the record, Scott has changed his offense and his play calling as a response to what B1G defenses do. That’s to his credit. What happens inside the 20 is maddening. I don’t know how Whipple helps, but I’m willing to give it a shot.

The more I think about it the more I like it. Bringing in the guy who coached a Heisman finalist this year is going to help with bringing in a good QB transfer from the portal. This wasn’t gonna happen with Frost and Mario. Get 2 good years out of a transfer all the while developing someone like HH behind him. I also think, if this works, that Whipple will only be around a few seasons. Given the titles that Mickey Joseph has I believe part of Whipples job is going to be to mentor MJ to be his replacement

I keep hearing people say he’s adaptable, smart and will adjust time what’s needed in the big. Maybe, maybe not, but it seems like a familiar refrain.

For the record, Scott has changed his offense and his play calling as a response to what B1G defenses do. That’s to his credit. What happens inside the 20 is maddening. I don’t know how Whipple helps, but I’m willing to give it a shot.
What’s happening inside the 20 can change exponentially if we can just count on getting a field goal when we need one. If we could consistently make some FG’s we would have won several more games. Ultimately I would still like to see us get Betts and Manning some 50/50 balls down there. It’s criminally under utilized.

The more I think about it the more I like it. Bringing in the guy who coached a Heisman finalist this year is going to help with bringing in a good QB transfer from the portal. This wasn’t gonna happen with Frost and Mario. Get 2 good years out of a transfer all the while developing someone like HH behind him. I also think, if this works, that Whipple will only be around a few seasons. Given the titles that Mickey Joseph has I believe part of Whipples job is going to be to mentor MJ to be his replacement
Don't be surprised if another Nebraska QB hits the portal soon...

64 years old....

NIck Saban 70
Fearless Frankie 77

oldman-300x205.jpg

My friend Mike Tomlin once said "Every day I walk past five Lombardi trophies, not five rushing titles" (before the Steelers won their sixth)

I have faith.
Nice.

“I don’t care about statistics, ma’am. I care about wins.” -Bo Pelini

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back