• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

Fearless Frankie 77

oldman-300x205.jpg
Please don't tell me Whipple like "creamy thighs" as well.

yeah based off of the Iowa game I don’t think Smothers is going to fit the mold going forward.
I would be shocked if Smothers and Haarburg stayed if Frost brings in a transfer QB (which is a certainty)

But I also believe Frost knows this is likely.

I would be shocked if Smothers and Haarburg stayed if Frost brings in a transfer QB (which is a certainty)

But I also believe Frost knows this is likely.
Haarburg isn't likely to go anywhere. Smothers, that is a different story. Depends upon the # of years of eligibility the incoming transfer has available.

The biggest thing these coaches need to sell them on is that there will actually be a competition in the QB room. And if you are not willing to compete, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere. That goes for the incoming transfer as well. Overall compete levels need to be increased across the board.

Last edited:
His offenses in the two previous years ranked 113th and 63rd in scoring. The ACC isn't exactly a dominant defensive league. He made huge improvement this year which is good but he's also 64 years old. How is he as a recruiter? Is Mark Whipple's name going to entice top offensive playmakers, especially quarterbacks, to come to Nebraska?
Umm no.

The more I think about it the more I like it. Bringing in the guy who coached a Heisman finalist this year is going to help with bringing in a good QB transfer from the portal. This wasn’t gonna happen with Frost and Mario. Get 2 good years out of a transfer all the while developing someone like HH behind him. I also think, if this works, that Whipple will only be around a few seasons. Given the titles that Mickey Joseph has I believe part of Whipples job is going to be to mentor MJ to be his replacement
With AM in town, Scott "had his guy." He had a legitimate shot at getting Joe Burrow, but didn't pursue it because he was overconfident in the guys we had. Hopefully, Scott has seen the light on that topic.

And I completely agree about Whipple mentoring MJ, it makes sense. I just hope those guys can throw together a winning plan in months, not years, and have at least some key personnel to make it happen.

Last edited:
I am not excited about the prospect of going back to a pass first offense. It relies on a QB who is a great passer. It also has not shown long term success in the B1G. I would prefer a run heavy attack. Not to mention the wind issues you have in memorial stadium. If SF's solution is to overhaul the offense and go for this, then we have a new HC next year. If he is going to still keep a balanced attack with a mobile QB, then I am ok with it. But looking at the early recruiting by the new OC, I am very concerned.
But could you imagine if we job Oklahoma this year with rattler in the Nebraska Scarlet and cream 20

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back