• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did not think I'd read this so soon

While I'm not consulted daily by Trev, like some MIA posters on here, I can promise that this year's ticket gimmics are going to weigh heavily on Trev's mind re: Frost.

No way we should be struggling to sell tickets to a potentially ranked Purdue team where our bowl eligibility is on the line (lose and no way we go bowling).

Where is my truth serum when I need it? If the question(s) was posed to Scott, do you believe that you deserve more time, given the records of the past 4 seasons? If you were in charge Scott, would you keep a coach after he posted 4 straight losing seasons? The honest answers are are no, and no, but that wouldn’t be what we’d get, which is where my truth serum comes into play.

68C69CF1-D377-4BEA-9836-0C354EB70313.jpeg

Where is my truth serum when I need it? If the question(s) was posed to Scott, do you believe that you deserve more time, given the records of the past 4 seasons? If you were in charge Scott, would you keep a coach after he posted 4 straight losing seasons? The honest answers are are no, and no, but that wouldn’t be what we’d get, which is where my truth serum comes into play.
His answer to that would be that it takes a long time to change the culture and the culture was so bad that it took longer than he thought.
Which is pure BS

"We'll be dangerous in year two"

Turns out they were dangerous in year two, and are even more dangerous now in year four... dangerous not to their opponents, but to the image/reputation of this once storied program.

All of which affects the ability to regain relevance, interest and ultimately sustainability.

The good news (for me) is that I believe that Trev Alberts will guide us out of this downward spiral.

Last edited:
I thought the story earlier in the year was that two deep pocket boosters bought out the remaining tickets in memorial stadium to preserve the sellout streak? Is this something different?

I thought the story earlier in the year was that two deep pocket boosters bought out the remaining tickets in memorial stadium to preserve the sellout streak? Is this something different?
They bought the tickets for an individual game or two.

Part of why this may continue to be a theme is that a block of tickets are allotted to opposing teams, who can return their unsold/unused tickets I think up until about 2 weeks to go. So we'll keep getting newly available unsold tickets for upcoming games if their fans aren't buying, and regardless of what fans have done up until that point, there has to be fresh last-minute demand to keep the sellouts happening.

I think it's a cool streak that Husker fans should take pride in, even if it's been held up by boosters or businesses at times. It makes sense to pull out all the stops to keep it going.

That said. Frost is coming back. I've resigned myself to it. If he steps on his own todger again in the opener vs. NW in Dublin, the streak will end vs. North Dakota on Sept. 3.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back