• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did not think I'd read this so soon

I'd don't like the thought of the streak ending (kinda all we have left) but this is a BS move. The stands will tell the story. Big empty spots at kick-off mean no sell out to me. This gimmick is just sad.

They bought the tickets for an individual game or two.

Part of why this may continue to be a theme is that a block of tickets are allotted to opposing teams, who can return their unsold/unused tickets I think up until about 2 weeks to go. So we'll keep getting newly available unsold tickets for upcoming games if their fans aren't buying, and regardless of what fans have done up until that point, there has to be fresh last-minute demand to keep the sellouts happening.

We've definitely had many games in past seasons when opposing fans returned unused tickets that came available late. And didn't need a BOGO to sell them. Why wouldn't this have happened for the Northwestern game a couple weeks ago? I tend to think the biggest factor in driving a BOGO is our own fans losing interest as the losses mount. And it's become a large enough number of unsold tickets that simply hoping a local charity will buy them up won't be enough.

We've definitely had many games in past seasons when opposing fans returned unused tickets that came available late. And didn't need a BOGO to sell them. Why wouldn't this have happened for the Northwestern game a couple weeks ago? I tend to think the biggest factor in driving a BOGO is our own fans losing interest as the losses mount. And it's become a large enough number of unsold tickets that simply hoping a local charity will buy them up won't be enough.
We didn't always sell them. But they were considered "sold" since they were sold to the opposing athletic department. Trev has said on record that they need to re-sell to be counted, but that hasn't always been the case.

So there are combining factors in Nebraska with both higher standards & reduced demand. But also regardless of demand here, there can be varying numbers of newly available tickets that will pop up late for each game, depending on how the other team's fan base travels. I would guess that the Northwestern fans travel here better than Purdue's, which may also have played some role.

We didn't always sell them. But they were considered "sold" since they were sold to the opposing athletic department. Trev has said on record that they need to re-sell to be counted, but that hasn't always been the case.

So there are combining factors in Nebraska with both higher standards & reduced demand. But also regardless of demand here, there can be varying numbers of newly available tickets that will pop up late for each game, depending on how the other team's fan base travels. I would guess that the Northwestern fans travel here better than Purdue's, which may also have played some role.
I think it happened last Saturday in MN. Win that one and the sellout is a done deal. Lay an egg and you have to offer a BOGO to sell the remaining tickets.

maxresdefault.jpg

I would guess that the Northwestern fans travel here better than Purdue's, which may also have played some role.

You may have points with some of your thoughts, but I think this one is unlikely.

Northwestern's undergrad enrollment is 8,200. Purdue's is 35,000. Let alone the fact that I doubt there's many Northwestern fans traveling to see a bad team play this season. Purdue, on the other hand, just came off a huge win, and is ranked.

That's why I'm curious what changed between the Northwestern game and the Purdue game that we have now reached BOGO level. I really doubt it's because Northwestern fans were gobbling up their ticket share more so than Purdue.

Last edited:
I think it's a cool streak that Husker fans should take pride in, even if it's been held up by boosters or businesses at times. It makes sense to pull out all the stops to keep it going.

That said. Frost is coming back. I've resigned myself to it. If he steps on his own todger again in the opener vs. NW in Dublin, the streak will end vs. North Dakota on Sept. 3.
He will be gone after Iowa

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back