• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost's record vs. all FBS coaches with at least 40 games at their current school

I could debate that extra year was this year. Frost wouldn't have lasted beyond 3 losing consecutive seasons at just about any other P5 school. And some, he wouldn't have lasted beyond 2.

Anyhow, as I've said before, I don't think anyone should decide today whether or not Frost returns next season. Let the season play out.

Fair points. There are still 4 games left. Almost anything can happen. If he goes 0-4 with a couple of blowouts, support falls below 50%.

Last edited:
How 2021 Husker football feels

fsehf0ulplt71.jpg

I could debate that extra year was this year. Frost wouldn't have lasted beyond 3 losing consecutive seasons at just about any other P5 school. And some, he wouldn't have lasted beyond 2.

Anyhow, as I've said before, I don't think anyone should decide today whether or not Frost returns next season. Let the season play out. I'll bet Trev hopes he's in position to bring Frost back -- but he'd be silly to lock himself into that with four games left. If we lose out, he'll have a tough decision to make.
Every school except UNL. Bank of Excuse statement was zero balance. Ran out of BS excuses.

Anyway top priority, bowl bound, any bowl. Even Toilet Bowl sponsored by Scrubbing Bubbles
0002570000205_A

Given this perspective, it's beyond just bad, it's scraping the bottom of the barrel bad.

As I've said, coaches hardly ever last this long with such poor results.
I just don't see how he can stay if the season plays out at 1-3 which is likely. 2-2 probably isn't enough either at this point.

Post IL I thought we needed to move on. Then NW, UM, and OU happened. I thought ok, we're seeing some progress. Yes, 2 of those were loses and yes we shot ourselves in our foot some but the team is playing better.

After MN, I'm closer to IL than OU mindset. These numbers are just unreal. I mean no way any other coach even made it to this year except Frost.

I think we move on after this year.

I didn't say wait a few more years. I think you give him one more year. Yes, any coach not named Scott Frost is probably gone. But it is Scott Frost. You give him an extra year you wouldn't give someone with no ties to program.
So you think he is going to turn things around next year and be able to sustain that. The answer is brutally simple for Trev-if he thinks Scott has the ability to turn things around you give him another shot. If you don't have that confidence you pull the plug. Its that simple. Buyout be damned-there are much bigger hidden dollars lost by keeping this staff if they do not improve next year. You have two back to back misses in recruiting and you are really looking at a longer term rebuild. Do any of us have the patience for that? Rinse and repeat.

Trev has more connections/conversations than I do, and he also knows the financial impacts of 15k empty seats and a downward trajectory in fan sentiment.

I honestly don’t see this being a hard decision. I think the day after Iowa game SF is gone. Way to costly to keep him.

I knew it was bad but these numbers are really telling. Even the best debater would have a hard time with these facts.

I hope one of the reporters ask Frost this question at presser: As we go into the final 4 games of the year what changes, if any, do you plan on making with 1) personnel, 2) practice; 3) game day motivation (team had no juice going into Minnesota game); and 4) coaching tactics.

Soooo, wait a few more years of losing seasons until fan support is lower and talent level is worse? Yeah, thats really setting up the new coach for success. Right now there is talent on the team and they at least look the part physically. In a year or two of further futility through graduation, the portal and crap recruiting classes the talent cupboard will be pretty bare
Conversely, because of the portal a new coach can also quickly build a new roster. Look at Mel Tucker at Michigan State.

And by the way, to those who have followed Husker football for a long time, he does not have iconic status in the program. He was a good player on a really good team that lucked out down in Missouri and that's about it.
Uhhh, so this is how we feel about our last national championship winning team now? Even if Frost gets fired and ends up being a failure as head coach, it doesn't mean you need to rewrite history about his playing days. The dude won a national championship for Nebraska and also was incredible on that game-tying drive in Missouri. Take it easy.

I didn't say wait a few more years. I think you give him one more year. Yes, any coach not named Scott Frost is probably gone. But it is Scott Frost. You give him an extra year you wouldn't give someone with no ties to program.
That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard. Keep a losing coach around because he has ties to the program.

So you think he is going to turn things around next year and be able to sustain that. The answer is brutally simple for Trev-if he thinks Scott has the ability to turn things around you give him another shot. If you don't have that confidence you pull the plug. Its that simple. Buyout be damned-there are much bigger hidden dollars lost by keeping this staff if they do not improve next year. You have two back to back misses in recruiting and you are really looking at a longer term rebuild. Do any of us have the patience for that? Rinse and repeat.

It depends on what you mean by "turn things around and sustain it." I think Frost is capable of getting the team bowling again and sustaining 6.5 wins on average. I don't think he's winning any hardware in Lincoln, aside from possibly the Quick Lane Bowl trophy.

Trev's calculation isn't that simple. If the last 17 years have taught us anything, it's that you better be very confident you have the right replacement all but inked. The worst case scenario is firing Frost followed by an elongated coaching search that culminates with a hire that is clearly a 4th of 5th option.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back