• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Frost does not fumble the ball or throw interceptions

We held them to 14 yards in half two and 246 over all

Yeah that loss sucked and was beyond unfortunate

You win as a team and lose as a team

I respect your eternally optimistic viewpoint on things Huskers football. Often you are a voice of reason during a(nother) trying season. That being said, holding coaches & players (and himself) accountable for repeated mistakes/poor performance is not something Frost does well (or, at times, arguably at all). It's like deja vu all over again (sorry, Yogi) each game w/r/t turnovers, penalties, poor blocking, special team gaffes, etc., leading to yet another gut-wrenching way to lose a game.

In the end, P5 college football is a bottom line business (wins/losses/championships) and the results (or lack thereof) under Frost speak for themselves. Or do moral victories count and while accountability is optional in today's environment? All of us watching Husker football games and posting on forums such as this one want the best for the program, even if a return to the level of success enjoyed during the 90s likely isn't in the cards. Hopefully the AD will objectively assess the situation at the appropriate time and take remedial action(s) he deems warranted.

GBR!!

I'm just glad I don't have to watch this team lose any more games this season. Plenty of good books to read.
Hear ya. It's starting to feel masochistic to invest 4 hours for such a poor result. Just enjoy something else and check 10 PM news for score. I love 'em but it's like death by a 1,000 cuts anymore. Wish them luck and stand back.

Don't fumble, don't get rid of the ball and take a sack, don't throw a pick. No matter how many good things any one player does, he cannot continue to do the bad things at the wrong time.
It’s been asked already, but was the OT interception a bad throw or a bad route?

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't run our division. 5-1 in the west sounds good to me.
12AED4B1-EB00-41AF-9A2F-930E71A499F1.gif

OT was what happened...right? And what did AM do? Thats right...a INT...which handed MSU the game. How many other games has AM turnovers cost NU? Granted, its a team game, but in most losses AM did more than his fair share of helping NU to lose.
I have 3 points to prove to you that this was most DEFINITELY not on Martinez

1. Since our OL can’t block, he was pressure on more than HALF of his throws, that’s going to lead to turnovers.

2. Special teams had: a punt return TD, a 50 yard KO that lead straight to a field goal, a 7 yard punt that almost lead to another field goal, and a drop on a return that should’ve yielded some field position.

3. We get stuffed at the point of attack on literally every handoff, what else can we do? If you can’t establish a run game, you have to throw. If you can’t block in pass pro, you can’t do anything. Martinez himself kept us in that game with multiple 3rd down scrambles that lead to points. Had he not escaped those almost assured sacks (smothers sure wouldn’t have), we lose that game by 15+.

Hear ya. It's starting to feel masochistic to invest 4 hours for such a poor result. Just enjoy something else and check 10 PM news for score. I love 'em but it's like death by a 1,000 cuts anymore. Wish them luck and stand back.
Yet sellout streak continues .....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back