• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

OT was what happened...right? And what did AM do? Thats right...a INT...which handed MSU the game. How many other games has AM turnovers cost NU? Granted, its a team game, but in most losses AM did more than his fair share of helping NU to lose.
Without AM, we'd have struggled to score much if any tonight. So far this year he's been waaay more of a positive than negative. Punt the ball to the right guy and we likely win.

5yqHl85.png

Last edited:
I feel bad for these guys - they are the ones that came back to "turn this thing around". One out of three phases of the game isn't enough to do the job though.
Unbelievable how good they played today. They couldn’t have played better! My heart goes out to them.

This really is the ideal(unfortunately) situation to point out how badly coached the offense and ST is.

Sounds like I might be sitting alone in the stadium next week, well more room for me I guess.

Without AM, we'd have struggled to score much if any tonight. So far this year he's been waaay more of a positive than negative. Punt the ball to the right guy and we likely win.
Don't fumble, don't get rid of the ball and take a sack, don't throw a pick. No matter how many good things any one player does, he cannot continue to do the bad things at the wrong time.

Maybe, but not throw the INT in OT, and maybe have a chance to win. Its always too many woulda, coulda and shouldas with Frost/AM teams.

Red Reign, I have a ton of respect for you, but I haven't live in NE for 35 years and this loss hurts because a coach that understood there are 3 phases of the game could have avoided it. And mainly losing close games sucks. I'm having a hard time lightening up.

I loved Husker football growing up in the 80's and into my 20's in the 90's because I knew Dr. Tom had a different philosophy than the 'win at all costs' mentality of the rest of the college football world. But I'm so disappointed in Frost's 'win my way' philosophy and inflexibility to adjust. Sigh. 10 more years of mediocrity is probably in the cards because of his contract, and I don't see him changing.

I might be giving up on college football altogether. Sigh.
Frost is totally preoccupied with his offense to even notice any other aspect of the game.

What makes that worse is our offense sucks.

Unbelievable how good they played today. They couldn’t have played better! My heart goes out to them.

This really is the ideal(unfortunately) situation to point out how badly coached the offense and ST is.
Specifically, the offensive line.

They won't fire Frost.....BUT he needs to kick Austin and everyone coaching special teams down the road, the sooner the better
I think Dawson does a good job as the OLB coach. He was saddled with the ST coordinator position after a year where there was no official ST coordinator designee. He’s a good position coach, who ended up with additional responsibilities that are not his better expertise. I’m all in for getting rid of the QB guru and snagging a true ST coordinator and coach.

Austin, I’m not sold on, but watching the line move, or not, other than Cam, they’re slow and incredibly stiff. They play high, which I think related to their stiffness. They aren’t athletic. That may be caused by something else. If their bodies won’t allow them to do things, all the coaching in the world on how to do it won’t get them there. This ignores the false starts.

Nebraska punter should never be allowed near the field again. 7 yard punt and then in crunch time he kicked the ball directly away from his coverage. No excuses. No way Michigan State scores a touchdown on the defense. Punter, ST coach and HC Scott Frost should be left in East Lansing.

Red Reign, I have a ton of respect for you, but I haven't live in NE for 35 years and this loss hurts because a coach that understood there are 3 phases of the game could have avoided it. And mainly losing close games sucks. I'm having a hard time lightening up.

I loved Husker football growing up in the 80's and into my 20's in the 90's because I knew Dr. Tom had a different philosophy than the 'win at all costs' mentality of the rest of the college football world. But I'm so disappointed in Frost's 'win my way' philosophy and inflexibility to adjust. Sigh. 10 more years of mediocrity is probably in the cards because of his contract, and I don't see him changing.

I might be giving up on college football altogether. Sigh.
You don't need to lighten up!! I feel like you as I followed Nebraska all the way to Devaney years as I am sure you have. We are not stupid and are very capable to seeing obvious issues that keep reoccurring! This isn't rocket science!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back