• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How critical is the next game and a win/loss effect.

Well,including your and my list, we can add no growth.

I was being sarcastic and dont believe you think we are mired in the things on your list, though they too need to improve.
I understand the sarcasm part. I was trying to point out that most all of the problems I felt we had coming into this year are still there. Yes some would say we solved the AM can’t throw it deep problem but that wasn’t on my list of problems. And the unfortunate part is the list has been the same list for a long time.

Will be an interesting week. I’m cautiously optimistic we look different than the last 3 years and 4 games.

As a fan I'm very well accustomed to seeing this team preparing to take the next big step and then tripping on a shoelace and promptly falling flat on their face.
After nearly 20 years of tormenting myself to this circus, I can only muster zero expectations for this team this season. They still can't even find a dude to make a field goal or extra point when the chips are down.

If they go out and handle MSU as needed, it will be a first.

While I agree with most of your sentiment, about half of last 20 years - under solich and Pelini - were actually quite good. Not Osborne good, but good nonetheless. Things have been particularly awful beginning 2015 and have continued to decline. Jury is still out on 2021, but deliberations will probably begin in earnest after the MSU game.

No bowl game this year and Frost will be gone next year

I can see where SF is retained at 5-7 with no bowl game and talk about creating a very deep rift in the Husker world, that would do it. But drop below that and I just can't see how he can be retained.

C

Last edited:

Dude's getting canned if he goes 2-10. The assertion that Trev is openly sharing that Scott Frost has essentially zero performance expectations is among the most absurd things I've read on this message board.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back