• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Super Class Waiver Expected Next Month

I think you will see a kid like Genatine get his offer

Agree on the portal to a point but 7 extra scholarships there is room now to bring in a few more HS kids too

Expect to see big recruiting weekends vs teams like Ohio State now
But are you really sure? Many have said in this thread alone that there is little interest in visiting NU. They sure sound like they've been in the recruiting meetings...;)

I think you will see a kid like Genatine get his offer

Agree on the portal to a point but 7 extra scholarships there is room now to bring in a few more HS kids too

Expect to see big recruiting weekends vs teams like Ohio State now

I would assume this would allow the staff to give quality walk on players a scholarship as well. That might help improve the recent loss of local talent in recent years.

But are you really sure? Many have said in this thread alone that there is little interest in visiting NU. They sure sound like they've been in the recruiting meetings...;)
It's not hard to follow along even a little and understand how behind the eightball we are on recruiting a good class. Many of our top targets have committed elsewhere. Yes that can change, but it's never good to be the one trying to flip kids.

If Frost wins 5 games this year and is retained, we'll finish in the bottom 4 of B1G recruiting rankings for the year.

I don't think this will help us much with HS recruiting this year. However, it could and should help us with regard to transfers. There are a lot of good players out there looking for a place to play, and Nebraska can provide them with that opportunity.

This is big for Nebraska

Schools who have loss seven or more players to transfer are allowed to add seven plays on top off the max of 25 for a total of 32

Which if I read it correctly Nebraska with a class sitting at 14 or 15 would be able to take 21 or 22 counters with the B1G +3

Now you have me excited, because our playbook will double! :Lol:
(Sorry, I just couldn't resist....)

I don't get how it can't help. More spots available equals more kids signing. The Huskers are behind now as are many other teams around the country. There are plenty of places around college football worse off than Nebraska right now. If the team can get to a bowl this year it will do wonders. Let's not act like nebraska is some cess pool that kids will stay away from. If some people think a kid would rather walk on at Wayne State than take an offer from the Huskers then those people need to quit day drinking. The class may not be top 25 but it will be fine. The guys from the last couple classes are the ones who will get the team over the hump quicker anyway. And the portal needs to be a point of emphasis in the next couple years as well. Should help offset any 2022 class deficiencies.

Sorry, just trying to be realistic and not a Negative Nancy about the situation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back