• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OL Val Erickson flips to Missouri

The real problem is the forum pollution that just does no good other than to allow the same handful of posters to take out their adolescent tantrums over and over again making it impossible to have any reasonable discussions. I know they don't get it and feel the need to crusade SF into oblivion but some of us are still holding out hope that he can make progress.

Lets see what this year does. We will know more in a few months. Hopefully SF and his staff and his players make good progress on their hard work. I mean its not as taxing as sitting behind a keyboard and spewing garbage all day...but they are still working pretty hard.

And yes...another sub 500 season and I think its over unless there are some good wins and close losses. Even that might not be enough.
Guys, we aren't mature unless we shut up and nod our heads like Pilk.

Real fans wouldn't have been slowed down by such things. I think it says a lot about the state of the program that fans were showing up late for any reason... heck they barely even bothered to show last year! We need a new coach that can attract fans even if there is a pandemic or the roads are closed by the police or the stadium is on fire.
Exactly. REAL fans were doing this to get to the game on time!!
UniformEasyAmericanbobtail-size_restricted.gif

YES...by all means. Because that has worked so wonderfully the last 20 years. On to the next guy!! I find it amazing that something that took 15-20 years to destroy should be "fixed" in 3 or 4 according to some. If the last 20 years haven't been painful enough, it appears many NU fans haven't learned anything yet and are almost willing the cycle to continue.
I’d take any of the past coaches over this regime. I wasn’t happy with them, though. And I’m not happy with this disaster. We can do better.

This is irresponsible & stupid. Obviously you are unaware that there was an accident on w-bound I-80 which closed the interstate between Omaha & Lincoln for over 5 hours. 2 people killed & many injured. This contributed to the late arriving crowd. Why don't you post a pic later in the 1st quarter when all of the crowd arrived. I was at the game, those seats mostly filled up.

Aliens Movie GIF - Aliens Movie Mostly - Discover & Share GIFs

C

There's only like 4 of us in here not toeing the company line.

I'm just pleased that @Frank The Tank used the proper "toeing" versus "towing." You've restored a little faith in humanity.

Now, I apologize for that off-topic outburst. Let's get back to sniping and claiming to be the only reasonable objective ones....

I’d take any of the past coaches over this regime. I wasn’t happy with them, though. And I’m not happy with this disaster. We can do better.
Just the fact that you would make that claim says everything anyone needs to know. In other words, "i'll take any coach, regardless of success or qualifications, as long as it isn't this coach".

Just the fact that you would make that claim says everything anyone needs to know. In other words, "i'll take any coach, regardless of success or qualifications, as long as it isn't this coach".
They all had better W-L records than the current coach.

And to be clear, I wasn’t happy with them either. But even they have proven to be better head coaches than Frost.
Ummmm, no.

Bill C- Isn't a HC now and never really won anything....great position coach but not a good HC, and certainly not a great HC at NU.
BP- Isn't a HC now and never won anything as a HC. Most successful of the coaches you prefer at NU and yet, was very unpopular to the point he has said he'd never come back or be allowed to come back to NU.
MR-Never won anything of substance as a HC and his career coaching record was .531 which is very similar to SF. However, he had 17 years as a HC and never really managed to figure out how to get better. He was 28-30 in his first 5 years. SF is 31-27 in his first 5.

So really, none of them have proven anything, much less that they are better HC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back