• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OL Val Erickson flips to Missouri

Woods was never coming here and that's a fact that every one knew. Nothing the staff did wrong

As for Marshall the tweet forgot to mention he also OV'd to Oklahoma State and Indiana but hey why mention that when Power Mizzou can take a shot calling it head to head

Good discussion though my good friend

Last edited:
Woods was never coming here and that's a fact that every one knew. Nothing the staff did wrong

As for Marshall the tweet forgot to mention he also OV'd to Oklahoma State and Indiana but hey why mention that when Power Mizzou can take a shot calling it head to head

Good discussion though my good friend
Missouri recruited circles around us for Woods. We can make belive they aren't kicking our butts on the recruiting trail, but that doesn't make it untrue. Yes, it means more when Missouri beats us for recruits. They're in our backyard and we have to go head to head for recruits often. It's going to get a lot harder to pull in solid classes unless the team starts stacking wins.

Missouri recruited circles around us for Woods. We can make belive they aren't kicking our butts on the recruiting trail, but that doesn't make it untrue. Yes, it means more when Missouri beats us for recruits. They're in our backyard and we have to go head to head for recruits often. It's going to get a lot harder to pull in solid classes unless the team starts stacking wins.

Yet we beat them out for Latrell Neville, Thomas Fidone, AJ Rollins and Henry Lutosky in the 2021 class all highly rated after 4 straight losing seasons

Oh and we beat them out for Turner Corcoran the year before

So no Missouri has not beat us the past few years for recruits

Your right we go head to head and kicked their butt for all four guys both schools offered last year. Fidone one of the Top 25 or so guys in the country, Neville also highly rated and by all accounts Lutosky is turning heads since arriving on campus

Woods was not coming here he made that known in no uncertain terms. It had nothing to do with the staff

Yes we need to win more that goes with it saying

This recruiting class it's unfortunate due to the NCAA lack of leadership has left a lot of schools hanging out with small classes due to the Super Seniors taking up scholarships.

We could go on and on with this argument and I have no doubt each make good points

Unfortunately it has become a pro Frost/ anti Frost argument

You already know I am in a show me mode with this staff. If they go less than .500 this year then I am done

Bottom line Power Mizzou was missing in action last when we kicked their butts

Good discussion

Yet we beat them out for Latrell Neville, Thomas Fidone, AJ Rollins and Henry Lutosky in the 2021 class all highly rated after 4 straight losing seasons

Oh and we beat them out for Turner Corcoran the year before

So no Missouri has not beat us the past few years for recruits

Your right we go head to head and kicked their butt for all four guys both schools offered last year. Fidone one of the Top 25 or so guys in the country, Neville also highly rated and by all accounts Lutosky is turning heads since arriving on campus

Woods was not coming here he made that known in no uncertain terms. It had nothing to do with the staff

Yes we need to win more that goes with it saying

This recruiting class it's unfortunate due to the NCAA lack of leadership has left a lot of schools hanging out with small classes due to the Super Seniors taking up scholarships.

We could go on and on with this argument and I have no doubt each make good points

Unfortunately it has become a pro Frost/ anti Frost argument

You already know I am in a show me mode with this staff. If they go less than .500 this year then I am done

Bottom line Power Mizzou was missing in action last when we kicked their butts

Good discussion
We must be the only school in the country dealing with the NCAA and COVID. I keep seeing that line repeated whenever the lack of results from this staff is brought up.

Fidone was never going to Missouri. Ever. So if you're dismissing Woods, and I disagree with you on that as well, then you might as well throw out Fidone. So I guess we continue to pretend recruiting is going well.

We must be the only school in the country dealing with the NCAA and COVID. I keep seeing that line repeated whenever the lack of results from this staff is brought up.

Fidone was never going to Missouri. Ever. So if you're dismissing Woods, and I disagree with you on that as well, then you might as well throw out Fidone. So I guess we continue to pretend recruiting is going well.

Woods was never going to Nebraska

I will trade you that one with Fidone

You can disagree on Woods so we will have to agree to disagree. Nothing I have seen, read or heard shows any different. If you have something I would love to hear it.

I never said recruiting was going well in this 2022 class nor am I pretending anything. I have simply said a few times we still have a way to go. Frost and staff have closed well over the past three seasons. Hopefully they can do so again. Winning would help that without a doubt

I simply responded to Mizzou out recruiting us nothing more and nothing less

Anyway I am done arguing

Good discussion

Last edited:
Using the Wayback machine, the closest I can get to today's date a year ago was 9/4/20 (247 sports composite).

On that date, Nebraska's 2021 class was ranked 25th nationally (and 5th in the Big Ten).

Currently (9/6/21), the 2022 class is ranked 68th nationally (and last in the Big Ten).

Nebraska and Illinois are the only two Big Ten schools without a 4-star recruit in the 2022 class.

1. Using the Wayback machine, the closest I can get to today's date a year ago was 9/4/20 (247 sports composite). On that date, Nebraska's 2021 class was ranked 25th nationally (and 5th in the Big Ten).

2. Currently (9/6/21), the 2022 class is ranked 68th nationally (and last in the Big Ten).

3. Nebraska and Illinois are the only two Big Ten schools without a 4-star recruit in the 2022 class.
1. :thumbsup:
2. :Frown:
3. :Frown:

And lots of transfer portals.

Yet sellout streak continues :rolleyes:. Just before Fordham game. (National Anthem)
i

Last edited:
I don't know anything. I thought DParks did, because of how he phrased his response, lol.

I think this class is in trouble.
I stated what we already have at OL, but re-read my response to see where I alluded to knowing some "insider" info and didn't see where anyone could insinuate anything I stated but the fact that we currently have 9 FR/RFR/SOPH in the 3 deep at OL but admitted we need a OL or 2 . Let me put it this way where there is zero misunderstanding: Losing a mid-tier 3* OL from the 2022 class will NOT hurt the Oline in the future. Now, if it was a highly ranked OL, who was committed to us and then decommitted, that would be another thing entirely. But this kids decommit will not hurt us in the long run. Now per the bolded, I will say this on the next class and beyond: With the perceived "hot-seat" status of Frost, and the very negative nature of college football recruiting, Frost's perceived "status" is being used against us with prospects. Was it used on this kid? Maybe. But this wasn't the case of a highly ranked commit who suddenly decommitted and went to another school cause his "mom or dad" was suddenly hired there. We have only 8 in what is going to be a maximum class of maybe 15. So if other commits start bailing, then we know we are in trouble, recruiting wise, and Trev would then have to publicly come out and make a statement on it, IMO. But to lose a mid 3* OL recruit and suddenly proclaiming this already known to be small class is in trouble is a tad premature at this time. But time will tell.

1. :thumbsup:
2. :Frown:
3. :Frown:

And lots of transfer portals.

Yet sellout streak continues :rolleyes:. Just before Fordham game. (National Anthem)
i
This is irresponsible & stupid. Obviously you are unaware that there was an accident on w-bound I-80 which closed the interstate between Omaha & Lincoln for over 5 hours. 2 people killed & many injured. This contributed to the late arriving crowd. Why don't you post a pic later in the 1st quarter when all of the crowd arrived. I was at the game, those seats mostly filled up.

This is irresponsible & stupid. Obviously you are unaware that there was an accident on w-bound I-80 which closed the interstate between Omaha & Lincoln for over 5 hours. 2 people killed & many injured. This contributed to the late arriving crowd. Why don't you post a pic later in the 1st quarter when all of the crowd arrived. I was at the game, those seats mostly filled up.
But BTN telecast shown a lots of empty seats in upper deck during Fordham game. Especially north and south area .... almost empty.

Last edited:
I can tell you that at the end of the 1st quarter the only noticeable area of empty seats were in the east addition. Everywhere else was nearly full, including the student section. I estimated a couple thousand seats were empty and I was surprised by the announced attendance of over 87,000. Capacity is 90,000.

I can tell you that at the end of the 1st quarter the only noticeable area of empty seats were in the east addition. Everywhere else was nearly full, including the student section. I estimated a couple thousand seats were empty and I was surprised by the announced attendance of over 87,000. Capacity is 90,000.
90,000 - 87,000 .... not a sellout.

Though I didn't know I-80 accident .......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back