• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Solich retires

Shucks. I hope non-conference Ohio vs Nebraska game before Frankie would retire. Damn.

Wishful thinking. Replace Akron or N.Illinois or BuffaloU (same level MAC teams)

Maybe hindsight ... New HC (2017) was not Scott Frost but Frank Solich (second chance).

Huskers HC ......

Solich: 58 wins, 19 losses, 6 out of 6 nice bowls​
Frost: 12 wins, 20 losses, zero out of 3 .... not qualified. Good chance 16W and 28L after 2021 season​

Last edited:

Shucks. I hope non-conference Ohio vs Nebraska game before Frankie would retire. Damn.

Wishful thinking. Replace Akron or N.Illinois or BuffaloU (same level MAC teams)

Maybe hindsight ... New HC (2017) was not Scott Frost but Frank Solich (second chance).

Huskers HC ......

Solich: 58 wins, 19 losses, 6 out of 6 nice bowls​
Frost: 12 wins, 20 losses, zero out of 3 .... not qualified. Good chance 16W and 28L after 2021 season​
Frank never got another P5 look despite his relatively decent success at Ohio.

That has to tell you something. We can debate whether SF should’ve been hired in 2017 but there is no way in heck FS should’ve been a viable candidate then.

Time to focus on your health Coach, best wishes.

I always liked Frank. I hope his health problem can be medically fixed.Good coach and a better man.God bless him and his family.He was a great Husker.Class man.Keep the faith.GBR.

My aunt (who died many years ago) taught Frankie in elementary school. She said that he was a "special athlete" at the age of 8. My aunt also taught the Blahak brothers in Columbus elementary school. She said they could, "run like the wind."

Yes my family that lived in the wild west of Nebraska moved all across the country for like four generations my seven brothers and sisters and I all lived in eight different states the eight of us for Over 30 years

That same independent spirit that led my ancestors to build sod houses on the Nebraska Prairie Also encouraged us to take risk pansies we are not

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back