• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I read a Danielle Steele book!

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
Danielle Steele is the most published living author on earth and among the top 7 or 8 most translated authors ever (Agatha Christie being the most translated and Jules Verne being the second most translated). She has had nine kids, five marriages (one to an incarcerated prisoner that didn't last long), has houses on at least two continents (including the impressive Spreckles mansion in CA), apparently works on about five books at a time (she's published a huge number - maybe 150 or more), places every new book she publishes on the NYT best selling book list, and never has received a favorable review from almost any reviewer even though she has sold nearly a billion copies of her books.

I thought I should try one so checked out from my local library one called Moral Compass. It's 275 pages and took about three hours to read (and I am not a particuarly fast reader. It has good guys, bad guys, sex crime, transparent problems and solutions, an 8th grade vocabulary, and all in all, not a great literary triumph.

But its the kind of book that is most read around the world, so I urge evryone to pick one up at your library and try it. Worth doing.

Danielle Steele is the most published living author on earth and among the top 7 or 8 most translated authors ever (Agatha Christie being the most translated and Jules Verne being the second most translated). She has had nine kids, five marriages (one to an incarcerated prisoner that didn't last long), has houses on at least two continents (including the impressive Spreckles mansion in CA), apparently works on about five books at a time (she's published a huge number - maybe 150 or more), places every new book she publishes on the NYT best selling book list, and never has received a favorable review from almost any reviewer even though she has sold nearly a billion copies of her books.

I thought I should try one so checked out from my local library one called Moral Compass. It's 275 pages and took about three hours to read (and I am not a particuarly fast reader. It has good guys, bad guys, sex crime, transparent problems and solutions, an 8th grade vocabulary, and all in all, not a great literary triumph.

But its the kind of book that is most read around the world, so I urge evryone to pick one up at your library and try it. Worth doing.
Did you discuss it with your book club/group of diverse intellectuals?
BTW. Ive heard most of her stuff now is ghost written.

giphy.gif

You seem to be the "voracious reader" type, so I'm not surprised ya checked her out, just surprised you'd recommend checking her out... hehe. Read one that was laying around years ago. One will do ya.

I don't recommend it as a good book, just as a good example of what most people read. I even tried oysters once. And went on one roller coaster ride. Wouldn't say those were great experiences either, but glad I did them. Hell, I even ate beets once.

Roller coasters are FREAKING AWESOME! Danielle Steel, NOT SO MUCH. I did try to read one of her books like some 15 - 20 years ago, it was trash. Nora Roberts(aka jd robb) is a big selling author also but I tried to read some J. D. Robb stuff and was just slightly more interested. Not my style of stories to read.

@EastOfEden, you might of just as well have recommended reading Harlequin Romances, you sick bastard. :O O:

Reminds me of visit to gramma's one summer. We were in the adolescent stage. Gramma was cooking breakfast and my sister asked me to come in and help her make gramma's bed. Thought she wanted to flip mattress or sumpin'. She showed me a Harlequin romance paperback stuck under the matress. This was a mild earthquake to the image of my butter churning, wring a chicken by the neck, homemade jelly making, put in her own fence post, farm working Gramma who would sit in her wide wooden rocker in the afternoons and read the Bible while she took a break, cuz her kind didn't sit idle. It was so funny. Gramma didn't seem to notice our extra wide grins as we ate her homemade biscuits with milk straight from the cow tho. :)

You seem to be the "voracious reader" type, so I'm not surprised ya checked her out, just surprised you'd recommend checking her out... hehe. Read one that was laying around years ago. One will do ya.
If you’ve read one, you’ve read them all?

Reading bury my heart at Wounded Knee
One of my someday retirement reads... I bought it about twenty years ago and perused a few chapters... It came out around the time of the AIM Feds Wounded Knee standoff. I was in Junior High when the AIM situation occurred. 1972 or 1973 IIRC.

I did visit Wounded Knee about twenty years ago, however. I bought a dream catcher from some kids and my wife has given me crap about that ever since.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back